Thread: Trump: A view from a Republican

Default Trump: A view from a Republican

This is a post by a Republican on Facebook.

I am a Republican. I am more Conservative than not. I could not, in good conscience, and did not, vote for Donald Trump.
    I try to understand those who did vote for Donald Trump, as there are many legitimate reasons why they did so: concerns over jobs, border security, terrorism, etc. are real and pressing issues. However, despite the fact that many voted for him with good intentions, the dangers of Donald Trump are real, and we must as a nation now come to terms with what we’ve done.

His supporters would rather see America destroyed than admit they were wrong. I have voted Republican all my life. My morals and faith wouldn't allow me to vote for Trump because he's a liar and a racist. I cannot put party before my beliefs. I served for 26 years in the military and view it as my duty to do what's best for America. It's pretty simple to me - if I fall in line and support a racist president, I am supporting racism. I cannot do that. I have biracial children. I am in an interracial marriage. I served alongside every race and religion during a 26 years military career including combat deployments. We are in trouble here. We need to come together and get him out of office for AMERICA

Donald Trump is dishonest.
    Donald Trump lies compulsively.
    Donald Trump has no moral compass.
    Donald Trump is small-minded, and vindictive.
    Donald Trump is a fatalist, whose philosophy in life is “screw or be screwed”.
    Donald Trump has no history of Faith, yet now professes to be a true Christian.
    Donald Trump has no history of being Pro-Life, yet now poses as an anti-abortionist.
    Donald Trump embodies the rich elite, aloof “1%”, yet now postures as a “man of the people”.
    Donald Trump evaded Military Service, yet now claims he understands ISIS better than our Generals.
    Donald Trump’s companies declared bankruptcy on numerous occasions.
    Donald Trump took advantage of every conceivable loophole in our tax codes.
    Donald Trump took on massive amounts of debt that his companies couldn’t possibly repay.
    Donald Trump’s business abuses contributed materially to the Financial Meltdown/Great Recession.
    Donald Trump is leading the effort to roll back the very same Dodd-Frank regulations that were designed to keep us from ever again being subject to this type of financial abuse by Wall Street/Big Business.
    Donald Trump is embracing in that effort the very same Jamie Dimon, billionaire banker and Head of JP Morgan Chase, who was one of the leading villains in the 2008 Financial Meltdown/Great Recession.
    Donald Trump has been compromised by the forces of extremism. When the media was uniformly against Trump, the only news agency other than Fox that embraced him was Breitbart News. The resulting relationship with Steve Bannon is perhaps the gravest concern of all.
    Donald Trump is now setting policy, and sending members of our Armed Forces into harm’s way, on the counsel of a racist, anti-Semitic, anarchist whose expressed desire it is to “bring everything crashing down and destroy today’s establishment”.

The world is laughing at us. We've made a mistake. Instead of pointing fingers, or assigning blame let's fix this. This country belongs to US, not Donald Trump or any party
    Science is the cure for bullshit.

I like Pres.Obama's view myself:

"They say Donald lacks the foreign policy experience to be president. But, in fairness, he has spent years meeting with leaders from around the world — Miss Sweden, Miss Argentina, Miss Azerbaijan," he quipped.
    "And there's one area where Donald's experience could be invaluable and that in closing Guantanamo, because Trump knows a thing or two about running waterfront properties into the ground."
    For more check out his White House Correspondent's Dinner speeches, video excerpts of which are here in the article about Mr Trump not attending said dinner.... 24 presidents before him have done so it would seem :-

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-2...dinner/8304392

Cheers,

P

The yanks got what they wanted ( he was elected ) and what most of them deserve. True they may well have made a huge mistake with him but will they be so silly to continue to make the same stupid choices like we did with Rudd, Gillard, Abbott and then Turnbull
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
    Abraham Lincoln

now now doggie... not like you to be posting propaganda. where's the subjective peer review criticisms?
    Horse.

www.rationalwiki.com

for a laugh google "ray comfort"

And from the soon to be not our friends on the sub-continent:

I'm a bit of a sceptic when it comes to be people claiming to vote for a particular party then denigrating it in the next breath. All the same whoever wrote it pretty much sums up Trump, I think he is going to make a fair mess of things but I remain hopeful that the Republican establishment will eventually pull back, he never really was one of theirs and buyers remorse seems to be setting in. We will all get to see the implosion if there is one and hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

None of these guys voted for Trump, guaranteed, neither did any of the audience. Unless he has a Punjabi electoral division.

Loving his latest rant against the judiciary.

Cheers,

P

Thread Information