Thread: Jeep huh?

Default Jeep huh?

OK, the idiots at Europcar in Paris saw me coming and upgraded me from a Fiat 500 to a brand new Jeep Renegade.

What a crock. I've only done 1200 k's in the thing, which makes it 1500 k's old, and let's just say I don't like it.

Sure it's manners on the highway are fine, it's quiet and has leather upholstery.

It has automatic headlight turner onnerers, but no indicator light to let you know they are on - so today at 130 clicks in the almost about to storm darkness I had no idea whether to turn 'em on or not.

Cruise control controls are as big as a plate, and pretty much can't be operated without looking at them.

Dashboard design is a POS too, can't see anything without looking a long way from the road - the nav system is woeful! (Tom Tom) if you guys with Tom Toms want to see how to mapping is done, try Sygic for size - I am running it on my wife's iPhone 6 plus above he jeep screen, and even she can't believe how much easier it is to a) see the screen b)see where we need to go c) get lane directions oh and kilometres to go and actual speed are useful things that aren't featured, neither are distances to things like rest stops and fuel.

Inside the petrol cap there's a little spider in relief in the plastic moulding and it's saying "caio baby" - giggle giggle : ditto instead of a redline on the tacho there's a splash of orange "mud" hooey what a tough truck! Personally I'd prefer to get my motoring thrills out of comfort and handling not little cartoons. The whole thing has the feeling it's designed for sixteen year old girls to learn on - the only thing missing is a standard fluffy doll from the rear view mirror.

Six speed manual but no indication of what gear one it in, and the gate is woeful so a few times I've been caught in fourth thinking I'd got back to third.

Ride and handling are OK, as good as my Grand Vitara which is ten years old, similarly it's got nice grunt from the little diesel and is getting just over 6l/100 but goodness me it's worth nearly twice that in Aus. (This one is a two wheel drive).

Hope your Grand Cherokee is better than this Zeddie.

It's not as if I haven't driven other cars for comparison either - give me the Polo diesel we had last year any day for ergonomic excellence and performance!

cheers,

P

Minbun, FNQ, (In the hills behind Cairns)

It wasn't a black one was it?
    Cliff
    To be used for educational and/or medicinal purposes only.

My BIL bought one recently because (according to him) it's the only 4WD that can tow 3.5 tonnes.
    I didn't mention Landcruiser, Prado, Pajero, Triton, Patrol, Navara, Hilux, Ranger, BT50 etc etc etc.
    It has leather upholstery too which he said is wonderful and was pissed off to find we have it in the Tucson along with a lot more refinements.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    It wasn't a black one was it?
    Baa Baa

Thread Information