Where my love of science began

@dog said in Where my love of science began:

This isn’t to say it is perfect

You are right… where is the beer? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Cliff-Rogers said in Where my love of science began:

This isn’t to say it is perfect

This is exactly my point.

It may not be perfect but it certainly beats the hell out of magical/spiritual explanations, gut-feels and stubborn pig-headedness…

It is written that’s why…

@silentC said in Where my love of science began:

magical/spiritual explanations, gut-feels and stubborn pig-headedness…

Isn’t that what the whole of this country is built on? :eyes:

administrators

0_1499383132761_science-denial1-small.jpg

You need a hobby Dog, ever thought about taking up woodwork or photography or maybe get a pet, you have to stop reading all the shit on the internet before it fjooks with yer head. :collision:

administrators

Too late I fear. Keeps me off the streets.

Well I’ve just seen a pretty convincing anti-vac article:

Read this @dog and open your eyes! :smile:

https://www.stayathomemommy.com/my-kids/mum-confession-im-coming-out-as-anti-vac/

administrators

That article sucks.

Claim to be just stating an opinion and then get offended when you tell them their opinion is bullshit.

@silentC said in Where my love of science began:

Claim to be just stating an opinion and then get offended when you tell them their opinion is bullshit.

context?

@dog said in Where my love of science began:

That article sucks.

A highly scientific reply .

Humour switch set to ‘off’ or didn’t read article?

@Shy-Ted said in Where my love of science began:

Humour switch set to ‘off’ or didn’t read article?

I suspect the latter - or didn’t understand the science behind it! :wink:

Don’t be insulting midge, if you didn’t have your sense of humour switched off you would realise how appropriate my comment was.

This post is deleted!

@bitingmidge said in Where my love of science began:

context?

I was just adding to Dog’s list!

Why is the dog so fond of the word “denier” when it is quite often the incorrect word to use.
It seems that anyone who doesn’t think the way he does is immediately branded a denier, and he goes to extreme lengths to continually push the point.
By his postings I would consider that he has developed an unhealthy obsession with the matter. It appears to me that no one is allowed, right or wrong, to have a differing opinion. Heil Dog, Seig Heil.

administrators

I believe I use the word denier in the correct sense.

Climate change denial, or global warming denial, is part of the global warming controversy. It involves denial, dismissal, unwarranted doubt or contrarian views contradicting the scientific opinion on climate change, including the extent to which it is caused by humans, its impacts on nature and human society, or the potential of adaptation to global warming by human actions.[1][2][3] Some deniers do endorse the term, but others often prefer the term climate change skepticism,[2] although Haydn Washington and Saffron O’Neill have declared that “skepticism” is an inaccurate description when referring to those who deny anthropogenic global warming.[4][5] In effect, the two terms form a continuous, overlapping range of views, and generally have the same characteristics: both reject, to a greater or lesser extent, mainstream scientific opinion on climate change.[6][7] Climate change denial can also be implicit, when individuals or social groups accept the science but fail to come to terms with it or to translate their acceptance into action.[8] Several social science studies have analyzed these positions as forms of denialism[6][7] and pseudoscience.[9]

Wikipedia

My opinion has nothing to do with it. As long people deny basic science I will call them up on it. I’m sick of the anti-science opinions. This sort of bullshit will cause the mass loss of life.

0_1499417783033_quote-the-correct-statement-of-individual-rights-is-that-everyone-has-the-right-to-an-opinion-brian-cox-89-27-27.jpg

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.