Cold Moon
administrators

It’s a cold still night tonight. Took this photo. Reasonably happy with it. I was trying to do HDR but there wasn’t enough details in the photo for the image to match.
0_1499771799744_Cold Moon-6454.jpg

Nice, but I don’t get the atmosphere (not a photography thing) Is it mist or fog or what?

I’m usually in bed when it’s that dark! :smile:

@bitingmidge said in Cold Moon:

Is it mist or fog or what?

Dog fart I think.

The moon seems to be a right bastard to photograph. I recall TerryB posted a photo of a galaxy. I wish I could manage that feat.

Yeah, ford haven’t made them for years…

@bunyip said in Cold Moon:

Yeah, ford haven’t made them for years…
They were very economical. Why would they stop manufacture? Black hole or something?

@MurrayD99 said in Cold Moon:

The moon seems to be a right bastard to photograph. I recall TerryB posted a photo of a galaxy. I wish I could manage that feat.

Photographing the milky way seems to be all the rage at present.

administrators

@bitingmidge said in Cold Moon:

Nice, but I don’t get the atmosphere (not a photography thing) Is it mist or fog or what?

I’m usually in bed when it’s that dark! :smile:

It’s fog. Was very cold last night. Got down to below freezing. I live in a valley and we get blanketed in fog on cold still nights

0_1499849218850_Supermoon.jpg

Here’s one I prepared earlier.

administrators

I need a longer lens

@dog said in Cold Moon:

I need a longer lens

Me too…

@dog said in Cold Moon:

I need a longer lens

Never heard it called a lens before.

administrators

Well it zooms

administrators

And likes an aperture that’s wide open

Also remember to dial back the exposure, the moon is bright

You can get a moon filter, I think it is green from memory although a CPL or ND would most likely work.

administrators

The moon is over exposed. I wanted to do HDR with a properly exposed moon but I couldn’t get that to work.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.