Off work for a couple of weeks........

@JMick said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

@Terry-B said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

Get better soon. Wean off the strong pain killers as quickly as you can or they can come back and bite you.
Being sick isn’t great.
I’ve had a flu with a fever now for 10 days but still have to work. It is a shit when I’m sicker than the patients and they still expect sympathy.

Haven’t had to take any oxycodone for 24 hrs now. Took two Targin at 7.30 tonight, will knock it back to one tomorrow morning. Best thing - I managed to dump some highly toxic waste tonight!!

Still have a lot of gas trapped between my skin and stomach muscles, got a couple of bulges either side over my lower ribs, very strange look and feel and where most of the discomfort is. I think as the gas dissipates so will the pain. Don’t seem to have any pain at the wound sites although I think I can feel where there are a couple of titanium pins.

Wouldn’t have thought you’d be able to see patients if you were really crook - although I’m guessing that with where you are and what you do no-one is going to take your place so you just have to soldier on.

Mick

Unfortunately there often isn’t anyone else that can cover. Last weekend I was the only anaethetist in town and had to do 11 cases spread across the weekend even though I was febrile and coughing. I would have preferred not to work but that would have entailed transferring all of those people 120km down the highway costing many thousands of dollars. It wasn’t worth it so I just worked. The system only just copes normally and there is little room for taking unexpected time off.

I should copy your post over to another forum where I have been having a conversation with someone about the medical ‘industry’ as they refer to it. It started when someone posted about their experience with using cinnamon “on everything” to prevent stroke after being given this advice by a nurse while in hospital following a scan. He said she was very nervous and asked him not to tell the doctor.

Another poster popped up and suggested it was sad that the medical industry was such that she should feel afraid of giving nutritional advice! I suggested that nurses would be bound by a code of conduct that might prohibit them from recommending unproven treatments for something as serious as stroke and that she would probably well have been in danger of a stern talking to at the very least.

My interlocutor then opined that it is a shame GPs do not give better nutritional advice but that it was unlikely to happen because it was not in their financial interest to actually want to prevent disease. I suggested that some doctors I know might punch him or her in the nose for that suggestion. I don’t know what doctors this person visits, but most doctors I have been to are keen to get me out of their waiting room as it’s full enough as it is!

@silentC said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

I should copy your post over to another forum where I have been having a conversation with someone about the medical ‘industry’ as they refer to it. …

You know what they say about arguing with idiots…

Mick

@Shy-Ted said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

@JMick said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

I’m probably going to stay with my cousin in Pymble and am planning a day or two in Sydney, so quite possibly we could have a shed GTG.

Let’s know the dates and we should be able to organise something. We could rock up at Wongo’s without telling him.

I reckon Wongo would be really happy about that!

administrators

Area man dies of cancer despite smoking marijuana, naturopaths baffled

VANCOUVER, BC – Area man Ron Hill, 61, died this week from a brain tumor, family and friends confirmed. What makes this case so shocking is that Hill apparently smoked copious amounts of marijuana and used CBD oil in lieu of chemotherapy and surgical removal of the tumor.

“It’s a very sad day for the Hill family and for naturopaths,” said “Dr.” Neil Therault, naturopath. “As far as I know this is the first case of someone dying of an operable brain tumor despite ditching conventional medicine for marijuana treatment.”

Believe it or not, there are actually people in the medical community and Hill’s local area who are angry that he chose to fight his cancer naturally.

@dog said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

Area man dies of cancer despite smoking marijuana, naturopaths baffled

VANCOUVER, BC – Area man Ron Hill, 61, died this week from a brain tumor, family and friends confirmed. What makes this case so shocking is that Hill apparently smoked copious amounts of marijuana and used CBD oil in lieu of chemotherapy and surgical removal of the tumor.

“It’s a very sad day for the Hill family and for naturopaths,” said “Dr.” Neil Therault, naturopath. “As far as I know this is the first case of someone dying of an operable brain tumor despite ditching conventional medicine for marijuana treatment.”

Believe it or not, there are actually people in the medical community and Hill’s local area who are angry that he chose to fight his cancer naturally.

![alt text](0_1500022933527_25e44f16-0e2d-4772-81bd-b7276a1216e1-image.png image url)

someone posted about their experience with using cinnamon “on everything” to prevent stroke

It’s worked for me so far… although to be fair the cinnamon is mostly on the baked sweet potato and sometimes in the porridge, but definitely no stroke. now I"m just working my way down to see what sort of minimum dose will do the same thing. Of course if I don’t take my crystal out of my left pocket at the same time I won’t know which cure is doing the work.

The guy who posted about it originally said that he had been stroke free for 3 years and the blockage has reduced from 98% to 2%. What he failed to mention in his original post was that he also cut out salt, smokes, coffee, soft drinks, potato chips, started eating a lot more vegetables, and cycling 300kw per week. But it was the cinnamon!

… cycling 300kw per week

Fuck solar, I want this guy.
:)

World’s first cinnamon-powered generator!

Ah we’re used to that sort of thing here in bogan country!

There’s a bed here if you want to venture down the Sapphire Coast. We are 30 seconds from the highway and 5 minutes from the best beach in the country.

Don’t tell the Queenslanders, they think they have the best beaches.

@Enter-Username said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

beaches.

Bitches Jack, bitches… deaf bugga. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Cliff-Rogers said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

@Enter-Username said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

beaches.

Bitches Jack, bitches… deaf bugga. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Blind if anything considering I read the posts here ;)

Actually, this whole place should be renamed to ‘The Cyclops Shed’ I reckon. :simple_smile:

@Cliff-Rogers said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

Actually, this whole place should be renamed to ‘The Cyclops Shed’ I reckon. :simple_smile:

New Shed Logo?
alt text

Mick

I had one like that as a kid. When I got older we robbed the back wheels off it to be the rear wheels on a billy cart.

@Termite said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

I had one like that as a kid. When I got older we robbed the back wheels off it to be the rear wheels on a billy cart.

Yeah, no shortage of old Cyclops trikes with no back wheels.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.