Off work for a couple of weeks........

@silentC said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

Ah we’re used to that sort of thing here in bogan country!

There’s a bed here if you want to venture down the Sapphire Coast. We are 30 seconds from the highway and 5 minutes from the best beach in the country.

Don’t tell the Queenslanders, they think they have the best beaches.

@Enter-Username said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

beaches.

Bitches Jack, bitches… deaf bugga. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Cliff-Rogers said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

@Enter-Username said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

beaches.

Bitches Jack, bitches… deaf bugga. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Blind if anything considering I read the posts here ;)

Actually, this whole place should be renamed to ‘The Cyclops Shed’ I reckon. :simple_smile:

@Cliff-Rogers said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

Actually, this whole place should be renamed to ‘The Cyclops Shed’ I reckon. :simple_smile:

New Shed Logo?
alt text

Mick

I had one like that as a kid. When I got older we robbed the back wheels off it to be the rear wheels on a billy cart.

@Termite said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

I had one like that as a kid. When I got older we robbed the back wheels off it to be the rear wheels on a billy cart.

Yeah, no shortage of old Cyclops trikes with no back wheels.

So, I thought I’d resurrect this thread because:
a. I’m off work for a week and a bit after a workcover funded knee op and,
b. I might be calling on some of the generous offers of accommodation which were made earlier.

You might recall my knee was playing up after jumping off the back of my ute numerous times back in January whilst fighting a fire that was consuming a landcruiser and a power pole. After much faffing around from workcover and me having to threaten them with action from our association via the fire commissioner they finally sent me off to get the bloody thing sorted. It was probably less than an hour’s work for the surgeon: 2 small keyholes and knick off a bit of the meniscus that was split and inflaming the surrounding tissue. Only took one oxycodone this time, but still taking panadol several times a day. Am walking, but only short distances, but should be all good in a few weeks.

Decided to book the Tassie ferry today as I’m confident I’ll be able to ride in a week or so, so will be fine for the trip.

My cousin who lives in Sydney moved to Brisbane last weekend, so I’m not sure that I’ll be spending more than a few hours there, so no Blokey shed get together. Will message some of you gents shortly to see if dates etc work for everyone. Still have some modifications and maintenance to do to the bike and I’ll have to start packing the panniers soon to see what gets taken/left behind. Will be on the road/living out of the panniers for 7 weeks, getting a bit excited now!

Mick

@JMick said in Off work for a couple of weeks........:

Well seven weeks eh? That should take you right up to school holiday time! How do you convince anyone that you are recovering from a knee op by riding a bike for seven weeks?

On another note - the Sunny Coast will be pleased to welcome you but not until after 14th Nov! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If all goes to plan I’ll leave home on November 25 and will spend two weeks visiting schools at Noosa, Samford and Mullumbimby, so only two of the weeks are part of term time, but I’m doing it with the boss’ blessing (professional development). I could be in Noosa for nearly a week so might hit you up for a place to stay.

Mick

Happy to have you! :D (with support crew?)

Nope, no support crew. Mrs Mick will still be at home/work and has other plans for her break.

Mick

If you are in Brissy on or about the 6th 7th of Jan or Hobart on or about the 13th 14th, let me know.

Let’s know the dates, should be OK.

Travelling from Samford to Byron Bay on the 6th, so could be in Brissie then. Probably in Byron/Mullum on the 7th. I don’t get to Devonport until the 15th though.

Possibly a Sydney GTG on the night of the 10th or 11th. But not sure of the logistics. Won’t be anywhere I can camp within hours of the city and would need to find a motel or air BNB that has somewhere secure to park the moto.

There’s a really nice way of getting to Samford from Caloundra over Mt Nebo…

@bitingmidge

Yeah, I had a look at the map yesterday to see where the school was and recognised a number of the surrounding areas and road names froma motorbike forum I frequent.

Found myself an Air BnB at Hornsby and booked in for the 10th and 11th of December. So either Sunday or Monday night for a BS GTG, preferably somewhere on the North Shore. That should work fine for Wongo and Alex. Is there anyone else in Sydney? I know Bleedin Thimb is in Balmain, but he hasn’t been in the shed for quite some time, not sure that he’s joined up since the move.

Mick

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.