More expense

Downloaded a trial version of Corel X10 Studio Pro and read a couple of tutorials, bloody camera won’t download as it says there is no driver.
A bit more digging and I find I need a graphics board as the camera is a 4K, start at $70 but I’m going the $200 option for a bit more grunt.
I thought I was set up ready to go but while most things are good but not this, a lesser camera and I may have got away with it.
Nothing can be simple can it, camera is a Sony FDR-AX53, easy to use and the stabilizer is nothing short of brilliant allowing me to walk around without any discernible movement.

last edited by bunyip

“allowing me to walk around without any discernible movement.”

Bit like a Wharfie or a council worker then Bunny

I have been known to get up from the comfort of my chair and desk on the odd occasion thus having to move my glasses further up the to the bridge of my nose whilst giving a knowing ‘Hhhmmmmm’.

just to add to my woes, there is a programme called filmore, i can download 4k with this but not with corel x10, it is slow and the editing is not as versatile.
the computer is away at the moment having the graphics installed, i just need to pick it up now, the nerdy bloke who did the installation told me that 4k download/capture now works and explained why in some foreign system analyst tongue, i just will accept that it works, and i also have to connect directly to my monitor from the graphics card via hdmi and vga will no longer work.
bloody computers.

@bunyip said in More expense:

re, i can download 4k with this but not with corel x10, it is slow and the editing is not as versatile.
the computer is away at the moment having the graphics installed

Have you tried Gimp?

i thought gimp was only for stills.

Got it back and playing with Corel X10, very buggy and has a mind of its own, downloaded a trial version of Magix movie Pro, just as versatile and user friendly and has 4K capability, down side is it costs a little bit more but I can live with that.
Hooked up the monitor to the HDMI output and clever me succeeded in scratching the bloody screen, fortunately only obvious on a white background, I didn’t see a power supply on my desk and the screen found the plug prongs, bugger!!!

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.