Well that's settled it, I can't run for parliament.
administrators

Fuck, Colombia.

@dog said in Well that's settled it, I can't run for parliament.:

Fuck Colombia.
That’s no way to speak about your Fatherland!

Mick

administrators

There is a comma.

Google understands commas, it just takes a guess to decide if a word is a noun or a verb.

administrators

I did Google it, it’ll give me something to do it I ever go there.

@dog said in Well that's settled it, I can't run for parliament.:

There is a comma.

Wasn’t that a pommy truck…

T’was a joke Cliff, so was the truck, I think they were the ones with no head and had opposing pistons in a cylinder, bit like an arse about VW engine.

Yep that’s them, motor was quite popular in the smaller pro fishing boats. The motor was called a Commer Knocker from the distinctive sound they made.

administrators

@Craig said in Well that's settled it, I can't run for parliament.:

I’m similar to Midge in that my father was born in the UK and bought out here as a kid.
I knew I could apply for a British passport (which I haven’t) but I didn’t really think of myself as being a British citizen though I guess technically I am.

But surely, if you’re standing for a political party, wouldn’t you think that the party organisation would be across all this stuff and ask the appropriate questions of you?

@Termite said in Well that's settled it, I can't run for parliament.:

Craig, this is the Greens mate, do you expect rational behaviour?

Well that’s four from the LNP. Rational behaviour?

Nationals deputy leader Fiona Nash reveals she has dual citizenship

None of them have had the integrity to resign.

Sounds like yer all fucked then. Looks like I’m the last man standing that can run fer parllyment. I shall be a cruel but fair dictator, and certainly open to bribes of fine wine, exotic wimmin and mouldy cheese.

Ok Outback, there’s a shipment of fine cheese, exotic wines and mouldy wimmen coming your way, I shall expect some preferential treatment.

Mick

Bugger, beat me to the draw, plenty of mouldy wimmin everywhere.

@bunyip said in Well that's settled it, I can't run for parliament.:

Bugger, beat me to the draw, plenty of mouldy wimmin everywhere.

Haven’t you already been told to keep away from those graveyards? :D

Necrophilia is dead boring…

As I’ve said before for those born in other countries it’s no shock, for many others born in Australia to parents of other nationalities, I can truly understand their lack of awareness.

Italy carries its citizenship for two generations, Britain through the father generally (my father was six (or was it eight) in 1926 when he came to Aus and I had no idea I was a pom until I was almost 60 - 80 years after he arrived!)

Dutch citizenship is lost for dual nationals who don’t keep their passports current. Irish runs through the mother’s side…

I would love to see Bill Shorten’s dad a Pom… ahh, no… one other requirement is that his mother and father had to be married at the time of his birth…:laughing:

I’m not comfortable with the fact that other countries can award citizenship on non residents of their own country who are born elsewhere, based on those people having parents or grandparents that are citizens of said country.

If you are born in Australia to parents who are residents and citizens of Australia and have never actively sought citizenship of the country of your parents or grandparents birth, and in some cases, have never even set foot within that country, then I fail to see how that country can claim you as their citizen without you having any say in the matter.

I can’t see the constitution being changed, and those who framed it way back when could not have foreseen this situation arising.

Should be easy for the parliament to pass something (other than the shit they carry on with currently), that disallows other countries from automatically awarding citizenship to Australian citizens.

If you want to take up citizenship of another country, then apply for it and don’t let the door slam into your arse as you leave.

last edited by madbugger

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.