PEMDAS

I can’t recall it happening so I have now idea how you would become used to it ;)

administrators

@Enter-Username said in PEMDAS:

I can’t recall it happening so I have now idea how you would become used to it ;)

Another example everyone. Cognitive dissonance.

@dog said in PEMDAS:

Cognitive dissonance

Cognitive dissonance is how you became used to something which hadn’t happened?

I can’t recall it happening so I have now idea how you would become used to it

Incorrect use of English!! He’s wrong everyone, look! Come, see the incorrect word usage inherent in the post!! Wrong, I tell you!!

administrators

@silentC said in PEMDAS:

Incorrect use of English!! He’s wrong everyone, look! Come, see the incorrect word usage inherent in the post!! Wrong, I tell you!!

Yup. Typical really.😀

I just asked my kids to work it out and one came up with 1 and the other came up with 9!

My son got 9:

6/2(1+2) = 3(1+2) = 3+6 = 9 (he’s been learning how to solve quadratic equations).

My daughter did some weird backwards thing which I put down to her being tired from being up since 5am this morning. She couldn’t tell me why.

Good to see they are still teaching proper maths though!

That ain’t maths, it’s just arithmetic.

@silentC said in PEMDAS:

Nice!

I’ll put that one down to auto correct.

You type a word into a “smart” device and it ends up wrong.

You type an equation into a program which is supposed to solve it for you but gives you the wrong answer… :)

@Cliff-Rogers the company I worked for owned Inforex - key to disk systems. Punch & verify. Of course it makes sense…

@Termite said in PEMDAS:

Well I’m terribly sorry Jack, but Silent is correct. The rules for this are BODMAS.
B brackets
O of
D division
M multiplication
A addition
S subtraction
so 6/2(1+2) = B 6/2(3) = D 3(3) = M 9 exactly as above.

Bugger My Dear Aunt Sally…

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.