Oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT)

I passed with flying colours.
This means that I am not diabetic or even showing any tendencies.
I was back to normal (as I get anyway) with in 2 hours & they even allow a bit of leeway on that.

@Cliff-Rogers said in Oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT):

I was back to normal (as I get anyway) with in 2 hours & they even allow a bit of leeway on that.

Leeway on the two hours or the normality?

Mick

The range for normal.
Starts at 3.6 to 6, goes to 3.6 to 11 at the one hour mark & should drop back to be between 3.6 & 7.7 after 2 hours.
My readings were 5.7 start, up to 8.2 & then back to 5.7.
5.7 is normal for me & that is the high end of average & that is why the doc ordered the test.

I was 15 at the end of the test, that makes me a Type 2 Diabetic as of a few years ago. At the time Pam was OK but a couple of months ago she became Type 2.
Col keep an eye on things as it is a deteriorating condition.
It is said that about 20 % of the Aus population is Type 2 Diabetic, with another 20% as yet undiagnosed.

Yeah, my one of my younger brothers when out of the range & he is on medication now.

Mate in Tassie had a problem til he quit his stressful full-on job & took up building wooden boats, his sugar was back in range within 5 months.

I was supposed to do one of those tests a year ago. Haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Why were you supposed to do it?
Was your sugar high in a blood test?
Does it run in the family?
Thirsty?
Lethargic and Fatigued?
Major changes in their glasses and contact lens prescription?
Weight Loss or Weight Gain that Is Sudden and Unexplained?
Limbs Start to Tingle?
Your Mental Abilities Aren’t as Stable? (Think about a symptom of dehydration)

I have the thirst, usually starts at about beer o’clock.

last edited by Cliff Rogers

@Cliff-Rogers said in Oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT):

Why were you supposed to do it?
Was your sugar high in a blood test?
Does it run in the family?
Thirsty?
Lethargic and Fatigued?
Major changes in their glasses and contact lens prescription?
Weight Loss or Weight Gain that Is Sudden and Unexplained?
Limbs Start to Tingle?
Your Mental Abilities Aren’t as Stable? (Think about a symptom of dehydration)

I have the thirst, usually starts at about beer o’clock.

Why are you picking on me, I’m fine. I Don’t need no tests.

@silentC said in Oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT):

I was supposed to do one of those tests a year ago. Haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Because pre diagnosed Diabetics don’t know they are Diabetics they tend to have the same attitude as you do Silent. Meanwhile irreversible damage to their heart, eyes, kidneys, nerves and circulation particularly to the extremities, is building up. Many don’t realise that they have it until they find themselves having a leg amputated, or going blind.
Not only is Diabetes a degenerative condition, it is irreversible. In other words it is going to keep getting worse and all you can do if diagnosed is slow down the deterioration,.

Sugar was too high in a test but not fasting, so had another this time fasting, normal. Then got the cholesterol done again and apparently too high again. Both times it was high I’d been on the piss the night before. Difficult to find a day when I haven’t…

Anyway I suppose I’ll get around to it.

I haven’t had one for a while so might give it a go after a piss free night.

administrators

@bunyip do these exist?

My alcohol-free night is Monday. I only drink two glasses of red with dinner.

They said alcohol-free, not free alcohol, Silent.

I haven’t had a drink since Monday night, had 2 glasses of red then.

Last week I had 2 reds Saturday night, none Friday, 2 reds Thursday, a beer Wednesday, none Tuesday, 1 red Monday, none Sunday.

Two glasses of red every night plus a long neck of home brew every other night except Monday. Ok sometimes on Monday too. Alright, nearly always on Monday.

Usually have a bottle of red over the weekend, sometimes another one over a couple of days in winter, or in summer a beer after work during the week.

My Kidneys only work at 50% capacity, have done for may years as far as we can tell from blood tests. Just recently I had a gout attack, was bloody painful, so now besides all the other stuff I can’t eat because I’m allergic to salicylates, I now have to lay off a heap of other stuff including alcohol. Pretty much every night is an alcohol free night.

Mick

administrators

I try going 3 nights a week alcohol free, almost always manage two. My liver needs the rest.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.