Travel Insurance?

So I’m going to be riding the moto from home down to Tassie and back again via lots of dirt and back roads over about six weeks at the end of the year. Mrs Mick is slightly concerned and thinks I should get travel insurance but I’m unsure what I would need it for. For $17 I can get cancellation insurance on my ferry tickets and I don’t have any accommodation booked as I will be camping for most of the trip. I have RACQ Ultra which I’m going to upgrade to Ultimate. That will cover me for up to 200kms of towing as well as accommodation and or flights home etc if the bike will take too long to repair. Qld Ambulance Service will cover the costs of any emergency pre-hospital ambulance treatment and transport Australia-wide. I have comprehensive insurance on the bike.
Is there anything that travel insurance is going to cover me for that I don’t already have? Do I need it? Can I even get it for riding a moto from home to Tassie and back again?

Mick

Nope - if you are carrying valuables, phone, camera computer - check that they are covered under your home.contents policy. Amazingly ours lets us take stuff out of the house for up to three months, as long as we are accompanying it.

Travel insurance when offshore is mostly about health and emergency evacuation - sure property cover as well, but see above.

administrators

No need in Australia. Having some life insurance isn’t a bad idea tho.

@dog said in Travel Insurance?:

No need in Australia. Having some life insurance isn’t a bad idea tho.

That means I need to consider my own mortality.
Don’t really want to go there, but I probably should.
Anyone have any recommendations re life insurance?

Mick

We have travel insurance as a freeby with a credit card, I’m not sure what it offers but maybe worth investigating some of them.
I don’t fall into the trap of paying interest and it pays me for what I spend by way of a debit card every 6 months, $1 earns 1 point, 1000 points=$5.00 and we average 10000 a month and they don’t drop off like fly buys.
A lot of cards offer travel insurance but I have not looked at the fine print

Read the fine print, I think it will be for international travel, not domestic.

@Cliff-Rogers said in Travel Insurance?:

… and as people are starting to find out, at the wrong time of course, they are pretty limited in what they cover.

Pretty sure the credit card insurance is just for international. I’ve used it and it stacked up pretty well against the other offerings. As I didn’t need to make a claim, I really don’t know if it was any good or not though.
I reckon you’ve got it covered Mick, just fuck off and enjoy.

@Cliff-Rogers said in Travel Insurance?:

Yep, but things like car hire excess and “inconvenience” if flights are delayed are covered - accidents, property loss and so on are not.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.