Gone bush

Mine yer f’n manners kuntz.

I’ll be out near Longreach til Thursd’y week, see ya.

960kms in 10 hours & 5 minutes including stopping for fuel twice & changing a flat tyre.

Fuck it is cold & snapping dry out here.

@Cliff-Rogers said in Gone bush:

960kms in 10 hours & 5 minutes including stopping for fuel twice & changing a flat tyre.

That’s not a bad average speed, and as we all know you managed to achieve it by staying within the posted speed limits didn’t you. :)

@Termite said in Gone bush:

@Cliff-Rogers said in Gone bush:

That’s not a bad average speed, and as we all know you managed to achieve it by staying within the posted speed limits didn’t you. :)

Yep, but you should have seen those fuel stops and tyre changes!

Mick

Sort of, 9% over most of the way, there are a couple of places where you can get away with more 'cos the cops never go that far out of town on those back roads, there is about 170kms of highway that you can safely do 119 kph, as a matter of fact, the cop just waved on the way past. I didn’t even turn the car off for piss stops, you just pick a spot with good visibility in both directions where you have to slow down for something, ie dirt to bitumen or the other way or a creek etc. The flat tyre happened at a fuel stop, lucky, it went flat while I was filling up, I pulled forward, changed it on the forecourt, had a piss, paid for fuel & was gone again in 25 minutes.

Home again, 965Kms in 9Hrs 55Mins, door to door, not flat tyre this time but I had to make a couple of detours to drop stuff off & pick stuff up.
97.3109243697479Kph average, only turned the motor off for fuel.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.