Music of Cream

"Malcolm BRUCE (son of Jack) and Kofi BAKER (son of Ginger) unite with Will Johns (nephew of Eric and son of Zeppelin/ Stones engineer Andy) to unleash the lightning that electrified a generation — with special guest “The Voice of Rock” and DEEP PURPLE legend Glenn Hughes"
http://whatsonlive.com.au/show/the-music-of-cream/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WOL - Newsletter QLD 2017-17&utm_content=WOL - Newsletter QLD 2017-17+CID_ab0f41e557af63e2b4654d6207caada9&utm_source=Email marketing software&utm_term=MORE INFO

I’m not sure if the “son of” does it for me. For the sake of making a point, did Lisa Minelli ever do a concert of her Mum’s stuff?

It’s a strange and difficult business, but many of the Lennon, Mcartney, Harrison, Starr kids have serious music careers and we haven’t seen a tribute band. (Does Zac Starkey still drum for the Who?)

I guess what I’m saying is this is just another covers band - innit?

last edited by bitingmidge

@bitingmidge said in Music of Cream:

I guess what I’m saying is this is just another covers band - innit?

Mostly I suppose, which is why I am in 2 minds about it. But as close to original band you are going to get, assuming they are any good.

Big assumption? But there again, surely there’s a monster pool of talent there, and they wouldn’t last fifteen seconds if they weren’t?

I’m kinda with you on this one I think Midge. Sounds like the kids trying to cash in on their oldies success.

Although having said that, the Dwezil Zappa show Zappa plays Zappa was supposed to be pretty good. Not that I saw it. :)

I think you’re right though, just another covers band.

@bitingmidge said in Music of Cream:

For the sake of making a point, did Lisa Minelli ever do a concert of her Mum’s stuff?

Who and who’s Mum? :grinning:

But yes I tend to agree with the rest of what you said.

Lisa’s mum was Dorothy

last edited by tolovar

Lisa’s mum taught Peter Allen everything he knew about showbiz (according to him).

did lisa sleep on her tummy

did lisa sleep on her tummy

No, but she didn’t sleep on Peter’s, either.

Looks like your connection to Music of Cream was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.