Broken screen!

Fuck fuck fuckitty fuck! Got home from work and discovered I’ve broken the laptop touch screen. I usually wrap the thing in a small towel before throwinf it in my moto top box but I didn’t bother today. It sat on a bolt head with no weight on top of it for all of the ten minute ride home. It was surrounded by other stuff so couldn’t slide around and I didn’t hit any potholes or ride over kerbs etc. So a bit of vibration and a few minor bumps and its own weigh was enough to flex the case enough to break the screen. Am rather annoyed at both myself and the flimsy construction.

Q for Cliff or anyone else in the area - anywhere in particular I should go to get it fixed? (The screen, not my lack of forethought - I have perfect hindsight)

Mick

Brand?

I usually manage to get the screens from eBay.

First trick is to work out how to get the screen apart, Google & YouTube are good for that, then, on the back of the screen is a little white label with a string of numbers on it, plug that number into an eBay search, sort by cheapest first, then go down the list til you find one in Oz & order that one.

It’s an HP. Yeah, nuh! I’d rather pay someone to do it for me. You want a job when you get back?

Mick

I’ll have a chop at it if you aren’t in a hurry.

I’ve asked the bloke who has the contract to do techie stuff for the school if he can do it, waiting on a reply. It still works, but every time I open or close it I worry that bits of glass will fall out. Nothing has so far but you never know.

Mick

Don’t open or close it, problem fixed.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.