Radio Garden

Stumbled on this site last week: http://radio.garden

It’s a 3D representation of the globe and you can scroll around the world and hover over a city, it will start playing a streaming radio station at random and also gives you a list of other stations in that location. I’m in Reykjavic listening to X-ið FM 97.7 today.

One thing I have found: many European stations play absolute shit. I did find a good retro station in Brussels, so I spent a day there last week. Radio X and BBC 6 Music (London) play a reasonable range of stuff in the early hours of their day.

last edited by silentC

In the USA I listened to a fair bit of public radio. Had a bit of a sense of deja vu, as I’d heard some of the shows before, over here. It seems that the ABC, BBC & NPR swap programs between themselves.

Haven’t explored the US yet. I’m too worried I might hear Donald Trump in the news.

@silentC said in Radio Garden:

One thing I have found: many European stations play absolute shit.

Well, yeah. How do you think the Eurovision Song Contest became the pulsating, monkey-shit-green mountain of putrescent ordure that it is? The continental Europeans gave up on good music around the late 1800s.

@Col said in Radio Garden:

…the pulsating, monkey-shit-green mountain of putrescent ordure that it is?

Beautifully put!

I’ve only just recently discovered streaming radio when I stumbled upon a station that plays Ska: bobskaradio.com
Often play it when I’m doing a bit of bookwork or writing documents at work.

Mick

I’m listening to Boss 104.3 in Guam today. It might be my last chance…

@silentC said in Radio Garden:

I’m listening to Boss 104.3 in Guam today. It might be my last chance…

alt text

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.