I don't know anybody this would fit.

I’ve had to tell a couple of family members this recently. It beggars belief that people post stuff on their wall for all to see then get upset when someone criticises their opinion. Like they expect to have their say and not have it questioned. Sorry, but your brother, nephew, son, friend’s husband is not going to pass up the opportunity!

It’s like this ‘bullying’ bullshit about the same sex marriage vote. FFS if you don’t want people to criticise you for being a bigoted arse, don’t tell anyone you’re voting no!

Don’t bend over to pick up dropped ballot papers…

Ballot papers? What ballot papers?

The Rainbow colored ones

It is a survey, not a ballot, you don’t have to vote.

@Cliff-Rogers said in I don't know anybody this would fit.:

It is a survey, not a ballot, you don’t have to vote.

And the high court will decide whether it’s going to produce statistics! (Or not going to produce anything at all!

It is just going to produce some paper shuffling for shiny bum pen pushing bean counting public servants.

What about we all get together, go to Canberra, and sack all those stupid fucking arseholes sitting in luxury and getting paid exorbitant amounts of money for fucking about like a bunch of demented primary school kids, and I apologise to the primary school kids.

Electricity supply is heading for dire straights because they insist on arse licking the greens, the economy is stagnant partly because of the electricity prices, they’re paying illegal immigrants (call them what you like they are illegal by our law) $70 million dollars because they haven’t got the balls to defend the law, the whole deck of cards is shaky due to doubtful eligibility of some members.

They’re fucking about trying to waste about $130 million on something they were elected to make a decision on because they 1. don’t want to give Labor a chance to say they are breaking an election promise, and 2. Turnbull doesn’t have, and never has had, the balls to stand up to factions within his own party.

So what have we got down in fairy land?
We’ve got a Liberal party with a gutless leader who has no idea how to run the show being white anted by one of the nastiest back stabbing cunts ever elected.

We’ve got a Labor party led by a person who’s credibility has been called into question by a royal commissioner, and in fact would be in jail if he committed the deeds he did several years ago now under the present laws. In actual fact the major unions call the tune anyway.

A minor Greens leader who leaves me shaking my head in wonder as to how a supposedly well educated person could espouse some of the policies and opinions that he does.

An up and coming second try from a woman who terrified the shit out of the established pollies the first time she raised her head a few years ago, to the point where they cooked up a story to illegally jail her. She terrified them then and she is doing the same thing now, because she is doing exactly what Trump did to get elected, she is saying things and putting up proposals that, weird an all as some of them may be, appeal very strongly to a lot of people.

A breakaway from the Libs who so far seems to be a combination of far to the right and fed up with the bullshit he left behind. Not sure if he will survive the next election.

A few independents with far too much power due to the numbers, each pushing their own barrow to the point where you can see the mess that SA is in as an example.

We’ve got a country that allowed the retirement age to be pushed up to 70 and didn’t even raise so much as a whimper. France got shut down by the people when their gov tried something similar.

The good old Aussie “She’ll be right Mate” has risen up and bit us in the arse, we’ve got what we deserve. No other country short of a dictatorship or a Commie country has got away with doing to it’s citizens what our Gov has done to us over the years, and why you may ask? Because we have let them. I honestly fear for our country because we are in deeper shit than global warming will do to us.

Yes I’ve had a cunt of a night’s sleep with my back, and I’ve wanted to get this rant out for a while now.
Thank you if you’ve read this far.

Have a Beer & a Bex & a LLD Termi.

Pension age: as a person born after June 1966 if you are relying on the pension by the time you are 67 (which is what the retirement age will be if there is no change) then you are fucked anyway. If you don’t have super, then you are fucked. It makes no friggen difference what the retirement age is. The government has been signalling for decades that it wants most people to be self-funded. My Dad carries on about that too. He’s 74 and already retired. He’ll be past caring long before the retirement age is 70 but he sees it as the government hitting the poor old pensioners. Strange logic I reckon.

Electricity: Heard ScoMo on the radio this morning. He refers to the climate change “religion”, so that shows you the mindset they have about it at the Federal level - you’d be better off going to Macquarie street on that one.

SSM Poll: Agree, stupid waste of money and they should just reverse what Howard did back in 2004.

Pauline Hanson is a disgrace, as is Trump. The people who support them should hang their heads in shame. Selfish bigoted arses lacking in empathy and reason. Not what I expect from modern society at all. I put Bernardi in that basket too.

@silentC said in I don't know anybody this would fit.:

are 67 (which is what the retirement age will be if there is no change) then you are fucked anyway. If you don’t have super,

Think of it like this: if you do save and do have super, you get a base tax which is exactly the same amount as the pension. (ie you don’t get it_…) Focus your rant on the tax laws, it’ll make you feel better.

@bitingmidge said in I don't know anybody this would fit.:

@silentC said in I don't know anybody this would fit.:

are 67 (which is what the retirement age will be if there is no change) then you are fucked anyway. If you don’t have super,

Think of it like this: if you do save and do have super, you get a base tax which is exactly the same amount as the pension. (ie you don’t get it_…) Focus your rant on the tax laws, it’ll make you feel better.

Not sure what you’re saying there… Not really ranting though, just saying that if people my age and younger are relying on the pension, they will be in trouble. I’ve got another 15 odd years before the age pension kicks in, I hope to hell I’m not still having to work at that age.

it just so happens that I will turn 70 in the year that the pension age reaches 70 under the current proposals. I’ll be 67 in 2032. I suppose they could keep sneaking it up 6 months at a time so I never get there. But like I said I hope I won’t be relying on the age pension anyway.

Sorry, not very clear was I? In fact I was on a completely different set of tram rails!

The bottom line is that now although it’s called a “means test” the pension is not available for anyone who has saved enough to live independently.

By not receiving a pension, you are effectively being taxed by that amount.

So the myth of a “tax free” retirement income is just that, when the base rate of tax is something like $15k per year (the pension) plus 15% tax which has been deducted on the way in to your super fund …

Back on to the voluntary poll thing for a bit… is there an irony that in a time when a rising number of heterosexual couples are choosing not to marry that it has become such a big deal in the non-hetero world?

Yeah, that has struck me as odd.

I’ll be voting Yes on the gay marriage thing. If I have to put up with it, why shouldn’t they?

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.