Take note you bastards

A bistro that we frequent has a rewards card (don’t they all now which means I need a massive wallet for the cards) and I got an email today announcing that I have just got a 2000 point credit for a contest I won, 2000 points is quite substantial and I could take out the family for dinner with a few bottles of good wine but I was curious about this contest that I wasn’t aware that I had entered.
Wait for it, I got first place in a Beauty Contest, buggered if I recall entering or attending and wearing a bikini or whatever to flaunt in front of anyone but I’ll take the 2000 points.
I have not seen any photos nor do I want to.

@bunyip said in Take note you bastards:

(don’t they all now which means I need a massive wallet for the cards)

When I think about what the second place getter must have looked like I shudder.

But instead of a wallet - if you have a smart phone, get an app called “Stocard” - it simply scans the details and creates a bar code, works a treat!

@bitingmidge said in Take note you bastards:

But instead of a wallet - if you have a smart phone, get an app called “Stocard” - it simply scans the details and creates a bar code, works a treat!

Got it, however a lot of places dont have the technology to read from a smartphone…

They can just manually punch in the details, though it kinda defeats the purpose.

It is much easier than hunting through your wallet for the card though.

@Cliff-Rogers said in Take note you bastards:

I got first place in a Beauty Contest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gullibility :smirk:

But I got the points for a free meal which I plan on using next week.

They’ve taken “gullible” out of the dictionary as it was never used, so it’s no longer a word.

Billy Connelly adopted it in Gullibles Travels.

But I got the points for a free meal which I plan on using next week.
Let us know how much it costs. :expressionless:

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.