Telstra Scam

Sent by a friend who had them try it on, this is his email:

I received one of these calls yesterday but they had been trying several times each day everyday for over a week and I simply hung up when I heard the characteristic delay in answering, yesterday I hung on and let them go through their spiel then hung up but someone has recorded their full session and placed it on Youtube.

The ugly TeamViewer software raises its head once again, the tool of choice for Indian hackers and there must be millions of copies of the hacked version 6 floating around, whilst the authors (German) of TeamViewer have released version 10 which is much more secure the damage is done.

TeamViewer is just one of a long line of remote access software programs that allow you to remotely access someone else’s PC/Laptop and vice versa.

Here is the

Kuntz have got into my Mum’s computer 3 times. That is gullible for you. They haven’t ever got any money out of her but they have managed to muck up her computer.

@Cliff-Rogers said in Telstra Scam:

Kuntz have got into my Mum’s computer 3 times. That is gullible for you. They haven’t ever got any money out of her but they have managed to muck up her computer.

@Cliff-Rogers said in Telstra Scam:

When i visted my mum and dad, gave her computer the once over atbher request. Saw teamviewer, removed it.

Also installed paint.net because apparently ms thinks people will pay to edit photos/images.

At work we use Team Viewer for a huge % of our support calls. It’s a great tool really. We use V12 and have it bundled with our software.

It makes a huge difference to be able to see what a user is doing, or to be able to demonstrate to them how to do something.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.