clock repair advice

daylight saving came in last saturday night and rosemary told me to put the clock forward, i did and it fell off the mantlepiece.

Can we move Bunyip forward a bit?

Met an ole geezer last week who swears that its only recently he has come to understand he did not have to get up at 2AM and adjust his clocks.

Listened to some blokes complaining this morning about how daylight savings makes it hotter. I still can’t get my head around how that works.

Fades your cows and sours the curtains too.
The most logical complaint I heard was from a dairy farmer who said he milks after dark so there are less flies to put up with and because of this he missed the ABC news, this was pre internet days.

administrators

@bunyip said in clock repair advice:

Fades your cows and sours the curtains too.
The most logical complaint I heard was from a dairy farmer who said he milks after dark so there are less flies to put up with and because of this he missed the ABC news, this was pre internet days.

Actually, missing the news is actually a good reason to be against daylight savings. Probably the only valid one. Many farmers don’t have good enough internet to download the news later.

ABC has a 24 hour news channel.

administrators

The coverage is considerably less on News 24 than the regular ABC channel. I get the ABC fine but News 24 is flakey.

I’m still struggling coming to grips with daylight saving at all. didn’t the war end 70 odd years ago?

I can drive home in daylight and get some work done , I don’t get home until about 7.30-8.00pm and it’s a bastard in the dark.
With more daylight it offers less time for N Korea to launch a night attack on us.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.