Taken up smoking...

Stole this from elsewhere…

Consumers have long been confused about the difference between these fruit and the fact is that while they are the same species Carica papaya, the fruit known as papaya looks and tastes quite different to the fruit known as papaw.

To make things easier for consumers the agreed understanding in the Australian industry is that the red-fleshed sweeter fruit is called red papaya, while the yellow-fleshed fruit is called yellow papaw.

American pawpaw (note the different spelling) on the other hand is an entirely different fruit not related to the tropical Carica papaya from which Australian red papaya and yellow papaw come. American pawpaw is also known as ‘poor man’s banana’ and is the fruit of the Asimina triloba tree.

To complicate things further, there’s also green papaya, which is either red papaya or yellow papaw picked green. Green papaya is a sought after ingredient in Asian cuisine and is eaten as a vegetable.

@bitingmidge said in Taken up smoking...:

Anyway when did papaw become pawpaw…?

When someone spells it wrong, be careful of the bounce.

last edited by Termite

@bunyip said in Taken up smoking...:

slow cooked boned lamb shoulder, a mixture of lemon juice, lemon rind, crushed garlic, fresh rosemary and thyme, a bit of dijon mustard and olive oil, mix well and coat the shoulder, leave in a vacuum bag for a day or two then cook at 120 for about 10 hours basting every so often with the marinade.
we cook this on a rack over a tray to catch the juices and baste with them.
adjust mixture to suit yourself but about 2 tsp mustard is all you need.

How does one get a (I presume a weber) to cook for 10 hours?

Home oven although you could use ‘the snake’ in a weber.

administrators

The Kamado Joe does 10 hrs easily. They are so good.

administrators

@bunyip said in Taken up smoking...:

Home oven although you could use ‘the snake’ in a weber.

Back in my yoof I went to party where a bloke put his ‘snake’ on the hot BBQ. Not the brightest bloke.

Here, hold ma beer & watch this… maybe he was hoping somebody would kiss it better.

@dog said in Taken up smoking...:

Back in my yoof I went to party where a bloke put his ‘snake’ on the hot BBQ. Not the brightest bloke.

What a load of hot cock!

or fair suck of the sav…

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.