When good ideas go bad.

I thought I’d make my beloved a nice float for her keyring, just to take the pain out of dropping a key overboard, so I picked up a bit of cheap VB cord that was lying around and made her one.

It looks the goods, but when with star struck eyes I handed it over, she looked at me in horror when she realised it was for HER keyring, and told me in no uncertain terms that it wasn’t going anywhere near her bag so there.

Rather than quit while I was ahead I thought I’d see if it would float.

0_1493992782338_Keyring-2.jpg

I wonder if I drill holes in the key it to lighten it…

Well they say it’s the thought that counts… :)

Midge my new signature may help you understand you Lady’s rejection of the key ring.

Two solutions.

1. Turn the jug upside down.
  2. When it comes to judging, anything from CUB will sink to the bottom of the pile so ditch the VB and go for a nice Trappist or something.

@bunyip maybe you are right when you said “turn the jug upside down” it all clicked! - I’ve made a southern hemisphere floater, and it’s the northern hemisphere - it’ll be fine if I bring it back with me!

You’ve saved the day!

What made you think that the VB cord would have enough positive buoyancy to hold the key up? I would have though that you would have needed to knot it around a lump of cork or similar to give it enough buoyancy.

Mick

@JMick said in When good ideas go bad.:

What made you think that the VB cord would have enough positive buoyancy to hold the key up? I would have though that you would have needed to knot it around a lump of cork or similar to give it enough buoyancy.

Mick

That was the plan - wanna buy a cork? I wasn’t holding out a lot of hope, but the VB did have a poly core. As you can see it almost made it… :grinning:

@Termite said in When good ideas go bad.:

Midge my new signature may help you understand you Lady’s rejection of the key ring.

So he would need to be a synesthete?

Is that a Merge Simpson key ring?

administrators

@wongo said in When good ideas go bad.:

Is that a Merge Simpson key ring?

No Midge Simpson.

Looks like your connection to When good ideas go bad. was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.