Gorn again.

Back to Japan for 2 weeks, check in at 11am tomorrow.

Fly to Osaka, stay the night, train to Nagoya, stay 3 nights, train to Takayama, stay 2 nights, the next 8 nights we’ll work out as we go, we won’t have to stay in Osaka 'cos the flight out is 9pm, we can check in at 6pm.

Have fun. I’m going to Japan in December.

administrators

Have fun.

We’re thinking of going to Japan next October.

I had Sushi for morning tea, does that count?

Don’t come the raw prawn with me…

have a beer from a street vending machine for me

administrators

@cliff-rogers said in Gorn again.:

Back to Japan for 2 weeks, check in at 11am tomorrow.

Fly to Osaka, stay the night, train to Nagoya, stay 3 nights, train to Takayama, stay 2 nights, the next 8 nights we’ll work out as we go, we won’t have to stay in Osaka 'cos the flight out is 9pm, we can check in at 6pm.

@dog said in Gorn again.:

We’re thinking of going to Japan next October.

When you get back, can you tell me where to go?

@dog said in Gorn again.:

When you get back, can you tell me where to go?

I can do that now if you like.

Mick

I’m still there, couldn’t post due to a cranky f’n iPad issue, thanks Dawg for resetting my password. Anybody interested can follow us on FB. Gina is doing a pictorial update each day & tagging me.
We have only been here 9 days, seems like more, JR ticket office Bloke could not get his head around why we wanted to take a slow train down a windy valley that took nearly 3 hours longer to do than it would if we went his way.
This was the smallest, slowest train I have ever been on, one carriage & just the driver as staff.
No food/drink trolley, you have to take your own.
No trouble getting a seat, it had heating, you could get up & walk around to look out.
It was a diesel 2 speed, he’d start off & rev the puss out of it to get it up to 50 k & then change to 2nd. The fastest we ever managed was 66 k but a lot of the track had speed limits, some as low as 25 ‘cos it was a bit warped. The track is the most stable in the tunnels, one of them was 3125m long, that is where we got up to 66k. The length of the tunnel is painted on the wall at the entry.
Colours are great at this time of the year, the snow is just starting on the peaks of the ski fields, saw some out the window today. Gina got some photos, she’ll post them if they are good enough.
Enjoying the dirt cheap red wine from all over the world in the 7-eleven stores, we’ve had French, Italian, Chillean, Argentinian, & Australian. Nothing over $12, some as low as $6 a bottle.

OK, over it now, I have sore feet, a cold, & I’m hanging out for a steak & chips with mushroom sauce, & a couple of Tooheys Olds.

Haha.! The joys of travel :-)

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.