How long has Turnbull got?

I don’t reckon the Libs would be game to change leaders before the election. They realise that, no matter how much many of them like Abbott, too many voters don’t. After the election, though, even if the Libs win…

@shy-ted said in How long has Turnbull got?:

I don’t reckon the Libs would be game to change leaders before the election. They realise that, no matter how much many of them like Abbott, too many voters don’t. After the election, though, even if the Libs win…

I wouldn’t be putting money on a Lib win, even I reckon they’ll lose unless a miracle occurs.
Any Lib who isn’t a lunatic Abbott supporter would admit that he didn’t win the election, Labor lost it and the Libs were the default choice.

So what’s the current choice, personally I think Julie Bishop has the balls and public support to do the job, but I think it will take 2 more elections before we see it happen. I also think that will be quicker than most expect considering the useless prick at the wheel now, and the ethically challenged union puppet in opposition, both these heads will roll in my opinion.

last edited by Termite

With the current and alternative choices we have this country is well and truly fucked.

Is this a record? It seems that everyone in the shed agrees about a political topic!

@shy-ted said in How long has Turnbull got?:

Is this a record? It seems that everyone in the shed agrees about a political topic!

Sad isn’t it?

Can it ever get better or are we at the end of history?

I don’t agree , I think the Libs will take the leaf out of the Labor manual, bring in some policy thing that everyone hates, swap to Julie Bishop and call a quick election, Bishop will say she has listened to the people scrap whatever it was and get in.

They won’t wait as long to call it as they did when Abbott got ousted , that was too long and people got to see just how bad Turnbull was.

The smear campaign on shorten this time will be dirty, I reckon that,s why we just had that last federal police raid on union HQ.

IMO safe bets

1. Pauline’s Party increase their Numbers.
  2. Greens Reduced.
  3. Two or more extra independents.

4 LNP looses Majority and forms with smaller parties, unless Abbott is leader of the LNP then another election.

1. And the safest bet of all , The general public pay the cost and regardless of the outcome get screwed and stuck with another self serving Government of Mostly professional politicians that are only interested in the money and perks that go with the job.
last edited by tolovar

@tolovar said in How long has Turnbull got?:

1. And the safest bet of all , The general public pay the cost and regardless of the outcome get screwed and stuck with another self serving Government of Mostly professional politicians that are only interested in the money and perks that go with the job.

Such cynicism.

But unfortunately true.

Mick

Not sure what is happening to the Liberals, Turnbull has been slowly destabilised by Abbott, they have no direction and can’t get clear air. I reckon they are stuffed whoever leads them. They seem to need to work out if they are a party of the far right or the centrist party of Menzies. This is the Howard legacy he moved them to the right and this just isn’t a country that likes the extreme end, left or right. This isn’t about the electorate the party has to actually look at itself, work out what it stands for, develop policy and become a team. That will mean getting rid of members that are destabilising the party and bringing in new and younger members with nous. Will not happen, they will be out at the next election and will only get back in if Labr rinse and repeat. Both sides don’t know what they are and should cast aside the extremes and become one party and leave the Nationals and Greens to look after the fringe.

Pauline Hanson team wont win seats from a choice, the other two parties will loose seats the voters are so pissed off at both of them and will therefore say F.Y. Turnbull and or Shorten we’ll show you and by that means Paulie will get it and will force some major changes for the better before she shoots her team in the head. Going to be very interesting yet depressing election.

Like the rest of the democratic world, we despair of our politicians.

We are and have been, very ill served for a lot of years now by a bunch of people from both sides who only have eyes on the prize of government and they will do whatever it takes to achieve it. So fuck the electorate and the country as long as they achieve what they want. Turnbull is the poster boy for this mindset imo.

@craig said in How long has Turnbull got?:
Turnbull is the poster boy for this mindset imo.

Nah, that would have been Rudd.

Though Turnbull learned well from him.

Amusing to me is the theory Turnbull etc are putting off the election as they can’t afford it.
Vic Libs seem to be in deep shit of their own making.

administrators

Well suspending parliament was an interesting move.

Desperation I suspect. Afraid of losing another MP to the citizenship debacle and be forced to endure a no confidence vote which he would likely fail. Off to the Governor General if he fails.

According to Andrew Bolt, at least one Liberal MP is going to quit if Turnbull isn’t replaced and not with Julie Bishop. I can’t help but think it’s a bit of wishful thinking on Bolt’s part, so take that with as much salt as you can stand.

Interesting times.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.