Official First Test Thread 2017-18 Season.

Fuck the rain.

Somebody had to say it.

Now WTF were they thinking going into a Test match against the Poms with only 4 bowlers?

Arrogant or desperate?

Where’s Dent? :unamused:

What were they thinking punishing the blokes they threw in the deep end on the continent and came back with a winning record? (kind of?)

And why is the nine commentary team so stale and why do they fill in rain gaps with replays of their own heroics? Ahhhhrgg… and CA wonder why I don’t go any more.

ABC Radio is still fine, turn the sound on yer TV off & use the radio.

how does the ABC team think Tassie’s second best wicket keeper is going?

The TV (brought to you by CA) chaps, seem to like him when he’s good and not notice when he’s not. He was even credited with the first catch, which made me wonder at the time why first slip had spontaneously fallen over… but what would I know?

They did notice the missed chance & spoke about it a couple of times.

I was nowhere near a TV today but listened to the Test for 3 hours or so.
Thoroughly enjoyed the ABC commentary. Good to have Aggers back as well.

However, I find it impossible to watch the cricket and listen to the ABC commentary because of the C9 delay. I refuse to listen to those C9 wankers. So I just watch it with the sound down.

The lack of bowlers is to compliment the lack of a keeper.

administrators

@craig said in Official First Test Thread 2017-18 Season.:

I was nowhere near a TV today but listened to the Test for 3 hours or so.
Thoroughly enjoyed the ABC commentary. Good to have Aggers back as well.

However, I find it impossible to watch the cricket and listen to the ABC commentary because of the C9 delay. I refuse to listen to those C9 wankers. So I just watch it with the sound down.

Try listening to the ABC streamed over the internet. That’s delayed by a few seconds.

@cliff-rogers said in Official First Test Thread 2017-18 Season.:

They did notice the missed chance & spoke about it a couple of times.

In glowing non-critical lest we should offend the selectors terms? Or am I doing them a disservice? Between Warne’s fake tan and Clark’s pretty make up, complimented by Chappell’s incessant drone, I may have nodded off for that bit.

Not like this?

Mixed views, safely covered what a range of people might like to think.

One of them at least mentioned Wade at least 3 or 4 times.

@dog said in Official First Test Thread 2017-18 Season.:

Try listening to the ABC streamed over the internet. That’s delayed by a few seconds.

Righto I’ll give that a go. I thought CA stopped the ABC streaming the cricket commentary because they didn’t have the digital rights??

Righto I’ll give that a go. I thought CA stopped the ABC streaming the cricket commentary because they didn’t have the digital rights??

Yep, but now you can stream it from the CA website for free (!) but you have to sign up. I am of two minds about that… it would be a bit like me being asked to sign up to join a political party.

@bitingmidge said in Official First Test Thread 2017-18 Season.:

Yep, but now you can stream it from the CA website for free (!) but you have to sign up. I am of two minds about that… it would be a bit like me being asked to sign up to join a political party.

What, they’d find you were unacceptable?

@shy-ted said in Official First Test Thread 2017-18 Season.:

What, they’d find you were unacceptable?

I think so. For instance - when a team can only score 200 on the first day of a match when they elected to bat, how does that make it an even first day? Then, when the other side gets the rest out after bringing on a new ball at the beginning of play (on a hardening pitch), why is that surprising?

This afternoon will tell of course, but if Australia are 200 at the close of play with Marsh not out…

I reckon the poms have wasted a whole session somewhere in the last four.

Hey hey! So Dent is in hiding because Uzzy can’t play spin apparently.

Dave Warner played exactly my specialty shot except he got 25 more runs than I ever did, so the position isn’t hopeless… it’s not as if I’m there.

Now the track is starting to flatten and also to harden and speed up depending on who is on the microphone. How does that rain dance go again?

administrators

@bitingmidge said in Official First Test Thread 2017-18 Season.:

You can use the TuneIn app.

@dog said in [Official First Test Thread 2017-18 Season.]

Is that right. I often use Tunein to stream Blues radio.
I’m checking it out tomorrow :)

The CA website stream of ABC radio is a dead loss. It’s a ball and a half behind the C9 telecast.

@dog said in [Official First Test Thread 2017-18 Season.]

So what do you use to stream it on Tunein. I couldn’t find the cricket commentary. Plenty of ABC radio stations just none with the cricket

I’m sure the ABC isn’t allowed to broadcast the cricket online… which is why the ABC broadcast is via CA log in.

http://www.theroar.com.au/cricket/listen-international-cricket-radio-online/

last edited by bitingmidge

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.