Music Streaming
administrators

When I bought my last phone, I got 12 months free Apple Music. I just couldn’t cope with giving Apple $12 a month once the free service stopped. This is entirely due to my Apple allergy.

I looked that the alternatives, particularly Spotify and Youtube Red. Both cost the same but decided to go with Youtube Red. Simply, a much larger music selection. Basically, it has everything.

The Youtube Music App on the phone will only download the audio track when the app is running in the background, so it isn’t anymore of a download hog than the others.

I use Chromecast to broadcast it through my AV Receiver, through to the TV. Get to watch the video there.

I also got a free Google Home Mini, so I can say “Hey Google, play The Who on TV” and it does.

Kind of cool in a geeky sort of way.

last edited by dog

@dog said in Music Streaming:

Youtube Red

Is Youtube Red the same as Redtube?

I’m guessing not.

administrators

@shy-ted said in Music Streaming:

Youtube Red

Is Youtube Red the same as Redtube?

I’m guessing not.

A little different. The soundtrack on Redtube is a little monotonous.

Red tube operates on the same principle as the four stroke petrol engine, suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

Youtube Red

Well there you go, I had no idea they did music too. I use Spotify but I might check that out because my daughter has a YouTube Red sub and I can probably cancel Spotify and get a family plan instead.

administrators

@silentc said in Music Streaming:

Youtube Red

Well there you go, I had no idea they did music too. I use Spotify but I might check that out because my daughter has a YouTube Red sub and I can probably cancel Spotify and get a family plan instead.

Yeah and you get all the videos ad free too.

administrators

Give it a go, you get a few months for free

Looks interesting… My three months for 99c with Apple music is about up - so I really should give it a try…

shit I may be thick but is streaming the same as copying and down loading for music. I did use Easy Youtube MP3 for copying my music onto my phone, but they shut that down. Since then trying a few different ones and all filled with ‘other’ downlaods etc etc
But Youtube Red…how do you copy from it? or am I missing something.

Streaming means that it isn’t stored permanently on your device, it plays directly off the wire. You can save songs so you can play them offline but I don’t bother.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.