Toys

A chisel plough isn’t nearly as much load as a mouldboard or disc plough so you should be fine with industrial tyres. You can always water ballast your tyres for some extra traction if required.

@jmick said in Toys:

water ballast your tyres

Have on mine, to lower the centre of gravity.

administrators

0_1515709766080_tractor.jpg

It arrived. It passed the sniff test.

But did it pass the piss on the wheels test?
I see number plates, what does rego cost?

last edited by bunyip
administrators

Rego is $70 a year but you have to pay stamp duty on it which was $1500 as well as put a mirror and flashing light on it.

It just makes it more useful if I can drive on the road. I’ve got a quarry just up the road and can pick up my own topping when I need some.

Nice looking bit of gear.

Nice!
… and just a bit jealous. :)

How fast does it go?

administrators

27 kph or thereabouts

@cliff-rogers said in Toys:

How fast does it go?

@dog said in Toys:

27 kph or thereabouts

Note that he can only reach that speed when the tractor is the right way up.
:)

I shifted some huge blocks of concrete today which I’m sure exceeded the rated lift capacity.
Kubota are truly a remarkable machine and saved me a sore back.
Currently having a rest in the carport and will be out tomorrow morning pulling out fence posts and shifting more concrete for the edge of the arena.

@dog said in Toys:

27 kph or thereabouts

bugger, we can only get 19kph with a tail wind.

“Note that he can only reach that speed when the tractor is the right way up”

Arh but… we have hills, Fuck’n steep ones & when it is wet we can go down them even faster upside down or not.

administrators

@bunyip said in Toys:

I shifted some huge blocks of concrete today which I’m sure exceeded the rated lift capacity.
Kubota are truly a remarkable machine and saved me a sore back.
Currently having a rest in the carport and will be out tomorrow morning pulling out fence posts and shifting more concrete for the edge of the arena.

I had some old fence posts which I started pulling up by hand a year ago. Spent 3 hours and managed to get 4 of them out with one of them breaking off.

Removed another 20 yesterday with the tractor and didn’t have a sore back.

That is what I have been doing this morning, mine are a bit stubborn and took half an hour to get 6 out, one was a fairly new one put in a year ago and it snapped off, bloody thing was rotten, not bad for a new 6" post.
The old ones were in about a metre.
Got to put some 12’ posts in at the back and a fence as I want to try growing hops this year, the local brewery has shown some interest.
This concrete is a pain in the arse as it’s too big to grab and trying to slide it into the bucket just results in it sliding across the ground, I reckon each piece weighs about 50-100kg.
and it seems like we have a couple of truck loads of it, it came buried under some free roadbase we got for the arena and I wasn’t home when it was delivered.
Still cheaper than buying the road base which is a good foundation for the arena.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.