Behave

Land of the long white cloud,
when I was last there it was 'The Land of the long white shroud’
or as the Maoris would say ‘The land of the wrong white crowd’

sounds like you left just in time Christchurch again has major flooding today.

@tolovar

stupid ‘darkies’ always prattling on.

administrators

@tolovar said in Behave:

Land of the long white cloud,
when I was last there it was 'The Land of the long white shroud’
or as the Maoris would say ‘The land of the wrong white crowd’

I’ve always thought of it as the land of the long white sheep.

I wouldn’t mind going to in zud, anyone going there reckons its ok.
AND I would guard against evaporation!!!

@dog said in Behave:

I’ve always thought of it as the land of the long white sheep.

And Queensland is the land of the long white sock…

@outback said in Behave:

I wouldn’t mind going to in zud, anyone going there reckons its ok.
AND I would guard against evaporation!!!

Best way to guard against evaporation is to drink it all before it gets the chance to happen.

Mick

Were you on the boat that had the outbreak of gastro?
Great combination with sea sickness. :cold_sweat:

administrators

@terry-b said in Behave:

Were you on the boat that had the outbreak of gastro?
Great combination with sea sickness. :cold_sweat:

No, missed that. It’s surprising that it doesn’t happen more often. I watched many people not wash their hands after going to the bog and do things like lick a bit of food off of their hands and then pick up the next serving implement.

I managed not to get seasick at all. We had a couple rough days, a gale near Gisborne and a strong gale around the bottom. Stabilisers work.

@dog No, missed that. It’s surprising that it doesn’t happen more often. I watched many people not wash their hands after going to the bog and do things like lick a bit of food off of their hands and then pick up the next serving implement.

I managed not to get seasick at all. We had a couple rough days, a gale near Gisborne and a strong gale around the bottom. Stabilisers work.

Your not wrong about people not washing their hands etc, we always make it a habit to sterilize our hands at every station around the ship. It’s not just going to the bog but they walk around touching all the door handles hand rails etc . We have done a few cruises and touch wood never gotten sick yet.

Yes the design of passenger ships with larger bilge keels and stabilizers make going to sea easy. I must look up some footage I took on a tanker running off the edge of a typhoon heading back from Japan empty. We were rolling 45 deg plus each way and pitching 8 to 10 deg . The only way I could film it was to sit on the deck on the bridge wedged against the console and film through the wheelhouse door.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.