An amazing discovery

Just found out today that the fuel gauge on your car has a small arrow that points to which side the filler is on.
how did I survive this long without knowing this?

@bunyip said in An amazing discovery:

Because we’ve been conspiring to keep the information from you. :sunglasses:

I just found out yesterday that my daughter’s sheyetbox renault doesn’t have that arrow… I had 50/50 chance of getting it wrong & I nailed it… the 2nd attempt.

Just found out today that the fuel gauge on your car has a small arrow that points to which side the filler is on.

There’s an arrow???

Must check our car

The yanks also claim that the needle when on Empty points to the filler side but this is not true, almost all gauges are E left to F right and we have a vertical gauge too.

@cliff-rogers said in An amazing discovery:

I just found out yesterday that my daughter’s sheyetbox renault doesn’t have that arrow… I had 50/50 chance of getting it wrong & I nailed it… the 2nd attempt.

Have a look and see if the hose on the pump symbol corresponds with the correct side… that’s how it used to be before the little arrow head turned up.

Mine has both.

Ah! But do they both indicate the same side?

VE Commodore has no arrow and the empty is on the filler side, drivers side.

I didn’t know either until my 18 year old daughter told me the other day!

administrators

My question is why don’t they keep the filler on the same side for all cars?

@dog said in An amazing discovery:

My question is why don’t they keep the filler on the same side for all cars?

Then there would be half as many queues, but they would be twice as long. I’d rather they put it in the centre, then you could go to whichever queue is the shortest.

Didn’t some fords of years gone by have them in the center rear of the car.

But how difficult would it be to have a filler on each side of the car, other than deciding weather to have two arrows or no arrows on the fuel gauge.

I think early 60’s Falcons had it in the centre. The new body shape that came out with the XR in '67 had it on the passenger side.

Anyway if I get to the servo and all the bowsers on the side I want are taken, I go the other side and pull the hose across the roof.

some of the new ones are so short it can’t be done.

“if I get to the servo and all the bowsers on the side I want are taken, I go the other side and pull the hose across the roof.”
Our cars have the filler towards the back, I pull up with the tailgate level with the hose & stretch it around the back.

@cliff-rogers said in An amazing discovery:

“if I get to the servo and all the bowsers on the side I want are taken, I go the other side and pull the hose across the roof.”
Our cars have the filler towards the back, I pull up with the tailgate level with the hose & stretch it around the back.

Reminds me that many years ago there was a bloke at Mallacoota who could stretch his cock down around his balls and had enough length to hold it behind him and piss out backwards.

@termite said in An amazing discovery:

Reminds me that many years ago there was a bloke at Mallacoota who could stretch his cock down around his balls and had enough length to hold it behind him and piss out backwards.

I thought everyone could do that.:confused:

Navara has no arrow and the gauge is on the left of the dash, filler on the right of vehicle

@madbugger said in An amazing discovery:

Navara has no arrow and the gauge is on the left of the dash, filler on the right of vehicle

When did you roll it?

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.