Ghan, the full journey

Currently being broadcast on SBS, if you want many, many hours of being bored shitless take a look.
Generally hours of footage from the the front of the train, an occasional shot of the driver then a few shots of passengers sitting down looking bored shitless.
Lots of red dirt and blue sky, must do wonders for their bookings.

I popped in from time to time. There was the occasional cut to a view from a window and I saw one from the air.

Rivetting.

I don’t get it but whatever floats your boat. They were talking about it on ABC this morning. They were a bit reluctant to screen it but there was a shorter 3 hour version screened previously and the feedback they got indicated people would like to see the longer version. The presenter suggested one of grass growing might be next.

This court finds the defendant guilty of this heinous crime and sentences you to two consecutive return trips on The Ghan, and may god have mercy on your soul.

We just darted across during the ad breaks and when we came inside for a drink after moving concrete blocks all day which I might add seemed more enjoyable.
Maybe after grass growing there could be a pai9nt drying episode.

I watched about 45 mins of the 3 hour version. There was some good aerial photography. It wasn’t all just out the train window. No way would I want to watch 17 hours of it though.

We did a return on the Ghan in 2005 , It was a great trip, but that included meals , shows , stops, sleeping and the odd glass.
The only bad bit was the stick people. Aged people with sticks on a train where you cannot pass in the alleyways and stick people wont give way, when two meet going in opposite directions the ensuing stand off can block the passage for many minutes.

administrators

@tolovar said in Ghan, the full journey:

The only bad bit was the stick people. Aged people with sticks on a train where you cannot pass in the alleyways and stick people wont give way, when two meet going in opposite directions the ensuing stand off can block the passage for many minutes.

On our recent cruise there were at least a couple of dozen people on disability scooters. Made me wish I had brought my ‘disability tractor’. Would have got those erratic fuckers with the 4in1 bucket.

If you must watch television, seventeen hours of the Ghan has to be more interesting than watching overpaid numpties endlessly hitting a ball back and forth on Ch. 7 or a different lot of numpties playing some form of hit & giggle on 10.
ThinkI’ll go and watch the grass grow. A man has to get his excitement somewhere.

Just saw an ad on the back of a bus about a new cable channel with 1 gazzilion reality TV shows on it … just thought I’d share that with you.

I hear they are going the do the return trip on the Ghan, can’t wait.
I suppose to make it more entertaining you could have the passengers watching reality shows in a carriage.

I think they are just going to play it backwards to save production costs.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.