Position becoming vacant

Position becoming vacant 0_1518253551645_12827974.jpg

Barnaby after hours…maybe

I see Monica made an appearance in the top row.

When I started work I was part of a staff of 120, 6 males, shared an area with about 90 females and we had two blokes who chased the girls. I didn’t like it then I have no time for it now, it stuffs up the workplace. One older guy gave me a bit of advice, he reckoned there was one simple rule, don’t screw the people you work with as it almost always ends badly.

Joyce is an arse, he is the bloke who tried to stop the human papilloma virus vaccine to school girls which will save a lot of lives. His financial arguments are usually wrong, his judgements flawed. His oversight of water has been dreadful. Ultimately his wife and daughters gave up a lot for his career and he has screwed them over. You only end up screwing a subordinate staff member is because you put it out there in the first place. There have been rumours over the years, his drinking, the wandering hands, Australian politics would be better without him, the Nationals would be better without him, I have never understood how he got party leadership nor how he retained it.

Well I’m not a christian but the bible says a few sensible things, one of which is, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
I personally am not perfect enough to judge his actions.

@johnc said in Position becoming vacant:

I have never understood how he got party leadership nor how he retained it.

Probably because he was the least bad of a pretty bad lot.

I’m with Termy in that it’s none of my business. However, I worked with a couple of people where the woman and her boss (both single) started a relationship. They immediately advised their boss and their working relationship was changed so that she no longer reported to her now partner, to avoid any appearance of favouritism or conflict of interest. Different to how Joyce is reported to have behaved.

I know nothing of his family background or what he does nor does outside his work and I don’t think it has anything to do with me.
Families break up it is a fact of life and public blamestorming does nothing for the cause, I wonder how many of the grim faced, pious media people reporting this are doing something similar.
I spent 20 years in the public service and saw some rapid promotions take place with the ankles behind the ears, sordid little lunchtime sorties (leaving for lunch 10 minutes apart and meeting up in a park that was clearly visible from the 5 th floor), banging on the boardroom table forgetting that there were security cameras, this was at all levels from class 1 clerks to directors, not to mention the boozy sessions in a couple of not so secret locations when work was being claimed for.
As Termite said, let he who is without sin…

Bullshit!
If he wanted to end his marriage then do so. After that if he wanted to screw his secretary, then do so. Don’t stay in a marriage and screw the secretary. That’s totally fucked.

@outback said in Position becoming vacant:

Bullshit!
If he wanted to end his marriage then do so. After that if he wanted to screw his secretary, then do so. Don’t stay in a marriage and screw the secretary. That’s totally fucked.

I’d like a dollar for every bloke who is currently doing it, let alone the ones who have in the past.

administrators

I personally don’t care who or what Barnaby fucks as long as all parties are are consenting and are capable of informed consent.

My issue with Barnaby is the breathtaking hypocrisy he has shown. Over the last 5 or so he has repeatedly commented on the sanctity of marriage and how same sex marriage will destroy it.

But the truth is, he doesn’t give a shit about the the sanctity of marriage. He has quite happily been screwing someone else while married on on hand and on the other telling others that they shouldn’t be allowed to marry because it will somehow damage his marriage.

Also, the general hypocrisy about privacy is also just bullshit. How often was Gillard attacked for her relationship status? Accused of being deliberately barren, how her boyfriend is a hairdresser so must be gay etc. Privacy should only be afforded to those on their side of politics.

@dog said in Position becoming vacant:

I personally don’t care who or what Barnaby fucks as long as all parties are are consenting and are capable of informed consent.

My issue with Barnaby is the breathtaking hypocrisy he has shown.

I couldn’t agree more.

While I think peoples private lives should remain such, when Barnaby (and a lot of other pollies for that matter) meddle in the private lives of every day Australians, I think they should hold themselves to a higher moral standard.

A stern no comment from me

administrators

Been an interesting week in Canberra.

Turnbull kicked Joyce in the head but only did so because of his infidelity not for inadequately explained jobs for Campion in Canavan or Drum’s offices. Not for accepting free accommodation.

Joyce kicked back, and probably rightly so, as the attack was purely on Joyce’s personal life.

I wish people would focus on the real issues.

And I do wish Joyce would apologise for a hypocrite.

You wanna try for something more achievable like world peace?

Mick

administrators

@jmick said in Position becoming vacant:

You wanna try for something more achievable like world peace?

Mick

Sorry, every now and I hope people might show some integrity.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.