shaving cream.

most shaving cream is in pressure packs …correct?
If you are not supposed to have pressure packs on aircraft, how many ignore the question or what else is there? I tried a tube of Nivea brand in a tube like toothpaste, gawd its aweful.

suggestions/comments

buy a can when you arrive, I used to before I discovered a better solution.

Grow a beard,

I did…

@bunyip said in shaving cream.:

buy a can when you arrive, I used to before I discovered a better solution.

and what was your solution…dont say beard I cant grow one…Yeah sure fly in buy 1 can, 3 days later throw whole fuckin can away and fly home…F off

I only shave my neck and around the beard, but the best thing I’ve found is ‘King of Shaves’ shaving gel. comes in a plastic tube.
Available from Coles, Woolies, Ebay etc.

administrators

There are a heap of different shaving creams in a tube. I used a Palmolive which was ok.
Do a Google. Get yourself a shaving brush

You can get one or two brands in Coles/Woolies.

Just make sure that the size is small otherwise you won’t get it through security.

last edited by dog

No growing a beard, hummm… then go electric

@tonto said in shaving cream.:

If you are not supposed to have pressure packs on aircraft, how many ignore the question or what else is there? I tried a tube of Nivea brand in a tube like toothpaste, gawd its aweful.

I have a nice brush (Badger) and some really soft soap bought at one of those shaver shops. It’s actually quite pleasant to use. Travelling regularly on aeroplanes as I do, when asked to declare what’s in the checked baggage, I always say in answer to the aerosol question “Just a can of shaving soap” and have never once had it even so much as checked.

Cathay business class (on points!) even dished out small (2oz) aerosol packs of Gillette. I always keep a couple in my kit now.

I have used plain old soap & water for about 35 years, I don’t even bother with a brush, just lather it up in my hands & rub it on.
I have a beard now but I style it a bit with electric clippers & use a razor to tidy up the stubble about once a week.

@shy-ted said in shaving cream.:

I only shave my neck and around the beard, but the best thing I’ve found is ‘King of Shaves’ shaving gel. comes in a plastic tube.
Available from Coles, Woolies, Ebay etc.

I us an electric razor and have found ‘King of Shaves’ shaving oil is bloody terrific as opposed to a dry shave. I stock up when Coles have it on special for $6.00.

Before I had a beard I just used to use soap and water with a badger shaving brush.
Worked for me.

Just use soap, lather in my hands and rub on. Worked well for the last 15 yrs or so.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.