Building and Home Reno's

Coming on. That should stuff those termites.

administrators

Your house looks like it’s made of goats.

@dog said in Building and Home Reno’s:

Your house looks like it’s made of goats.

That"s the after hours entertainment crew.

I like how you don’t have carpet, so it doesn’t matter if it rains.

Funny you should mention carpet. We are living in a caravan/annex/garden shed at the moment (for the next 2 years??). I was thinking of cladding the outside of the shed part with old carpet, then waterproofing with a HD tarp, to aid insulation. Anyone done this?

@Castaway

@Castaway said in Building and Home Reno’s:

Funny you should mention carpet. We are living in a caravan/annex/garden shed at the moment (for the next 2 years??). I was thinking of cladding the outside of the shed part with old carpet, then waterproofing with a HD tarp, to aid insulation. Anyone done this?

I would recommend against this. If the tarp leaks at all (and what tarp doesn’t?) the carpet will get wet. Wet carpet will stink worse than a wet dog. Do you really want to live with the smell of wet carpet?

Mick

@Castaway said in Building and Home Reno’s:

. We are living in a caravan/annex/garden shed at the moment (for the next 2 years??).
Really? Faark!!

Mick as usual is spot-on, and the carpet has not a lot of R value either.
For two years you won’t regret spending the dough on some proper insulation - I suggest Aircell which you can order from Bunnings (if there’s one you deal with) or one of the Reflectas haven’t tried - I’d think about using either in your house (walls and all) as well.

Even a good poly tarp will barely last two years, and you’ll have to hold it down like a truck tarp if it’s going to last. Again, for two years, (plus!) I’d go to the trouble of taking the sheets off and insulating under them, and doing an insulated tin roof over the van.

Cheers,

Looks like your connection to Building and Home Reno's was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.