The New Shed
administrators

Hey, you like the new Shed? After 10 years the old one was a bit stale, so we built a new one.

If you are a member of the old one you will have to re-register. If you are new, you should register anyway.

Oh, and get fucked.

Looks fine, but since you went to the new address it doesn’t show the number of unread posts/threads like it did.

@Shy-Ted there’s a setting for that.

Click on your little icon thingy on the top right of the page, go to “settings” - the first one is “Select a homepage”

My selection is “unread” but you can pick any one you like.

Ooh, isn’t that clever.

Very clever. I’m beginning to like this new set-up more and more.

@Col said in The New Shed:

Very clever. I’m beginning to like this new set-up more and more.

I must admit my first impressions were to do with a reluctance to change, but having spent a few hours trying to break it in the name of testing, I think it’s a super thing.

I just discovered something else tricky, if you highlight a bit of somebodies text & then click reply, it automatically quotes just the highlighted bit of text.

It doesn’t work for multiple quotes though.

@Cliff-Rogers said in The New Shed:

It doesn’t work for multiple quotes though.

Yes it does!

@bitingmidge said in The New Shed:

mit my first impressions were to do

@Shy-Ted said in The New Shed:

Looks fine, but since you went t

@Shy-Ted said in The New Shed:

to the new address it doesn’t show the number of unread posts/threads like it did.

For multiple quotes, just leave the “composer” panel open, and go back to the text, highlight the bit you want to quote and click quote. You can do that with whole posts or parts of quotes.

Its’ very, very flexible and useful! :grinning:

It didn’t work the way I was doing it.

I think my shed is a bit broken. Still opens with the column down the left side but it used to have a red circle with a number on “unread” telling me how many new posts there were. That no longer appears, but when I select unread it does open to a list of the unread threads. My computer recently updated/repaired windoze 10 and managed to delete all my printers so probably to do with that. I can live with it (not the printers, will need to address that) but it would be nice if it could be fixed without requiring an uber geek to do so. Any destructions on how to fix it?

Mick

Mick mine has been doing the same for a couple of days, don’t know how to fix it.

administrators

I just upgrade the NodeBB version from 1.4.? to 1.5.0. It must have broken it. I’ll see if they know about the bug or not.

Try going to your “settings” menu and at the top of the page set your “homepage” to whatever you want.

Mine is set to “Unread”

@bitingmidge said in The New Shed:

Try going to your “settings” menu and at the top of the page set your “homepage” to whatever you want.

Mine is set to “Unread”

Tried that, gave me an error message and wouldn’t let me. I assume I just type in “Unread” complete with inverted commas.

Mick

No, there is a pull down menu, just click on the field below where it say Homepage.

No pull down menu available here, but I typed in “Unread” without the inverted commas and it worked.

Mick

Beats me, as soon as I click on the field I get a menu.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.