Good Books

I’m chasing some decent books to read, or rather listen to. I struggle with factual stuff in audiobook format, maybe because I need to concentrate too much to take it in.
True Crime, mysteries, whodunnits or comedy is Ok.
A list of books or authors would be good.
P.S. I loved the hungry caterpillar, but it’s not the same if you can’t see the holes through the book.

I like Lee Child & Michael Connerley, not sure if they are available as audiobooks.

John Mortimer ‘Rumpole of the Bailey’ is quite entertaining, there was a BBC radio series that I have seen (heard) on Youtube.

Try anything by Tom Sharp, the Flashman series by George McDonald Fraser or Bernard Cornwall’s Sharp series for reading, audio books go to the local library they should have a list of whats available or contact the Blind society for a list.

last edited by tolovar
administrators

I just started re-reading Slaughterhouse Five from Kurt Vonnegut. It is still very good.

last edited by dog

@dog said in Good Books:

I just started re-reading Slaughterhouse Five from Kurt Vonnegut. It is still very good.

One of my favourite SF authors, his best in my opinion is “The Sirens of Titan”, the best description of the futility of mankind that I have ever read.
Now throw in a bit of Heinlein, Ray Bradbury, the good old Isaac A, and many I can’t recall from 60 years ago, and you had some work that will, as you have said, still stand up today as a good read.

administrators

@termite said in Good Books:

@dog said in Good Books:

One of my favourite SF authors, his best in my opinion is “The Sirens of Titan”, the best description of the futility of mankind that I have ever read.
Now throw in a bit of Heinlein, Ray Bradbury, the good old Isaac A, and many I can’t recall from 60 years ago, and you had some work that will, as you have said, still stand up today as a good read.

Yes, what he said. All great and still stand up as good yarns.

John Sandford has two excellent series, Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers.

Excellent crime series and the VF series is a spin of from LD and there is crossover between the two.

Lee Childs has the Jack Reacher series, not bad

Tom Clancy has Jack Ryan series, really enjoyed them

If you like Sci fantasy two excellent series, Robert Jordans Wheel,of Time series or Raymond E. Feist’s series that starts with Magician.

Also an Australian fantasy author, Sara Douglass has an excellent series, The wayfarer Redemption plus various stand alone novels.

I have all available as epub files if anyone wants them

“I have all available as epub files if anyone wants them”

I’m interested. When I get home next week I’ll post you a USB stick.

That should keep me occupied nicely. Currently downloading Rumpole, and will explore the others when it finishes.
I’m on the NBN, so speed sucks, it can’t rub it’s tummy and pat it’s head at the same time.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.