Horses Arses

NSW and Qld had (have?) different gauges. I remember catching the train from Sydney to Cairns in the '70s. We had to change trains in Brisbane due to the different gauges.

Mick

How many gauges? At least 6. Standard = 4’8 1/2" is the predominantly used gauge in NSW. In Vic they have about 1/3rd standard and 2/3rds broad (5’3"). Tassie uses only narrow (3"6") and Qld uses mostly narrow with some standard, some dual and some very narrow (2’) cane tramways. Northern territory is almost exclusively standard and WA has 3/7ths narrow and 4/7ths standard. What a mess.

Mick

Hey Dog, if you go back through the archives I think you may find that I beat you to that tale, it’s been quite a few years though.

@jmick said in Horses Arses:

We had to change trains in Brisbane due to the different gauges.

IIRC, you used to have to change stations.

administrators

@termite said in Horses Arses:

Hey Dog, if you go back through the archives I think you may find that I beat you to that tale, it’s been quite a few years though.

@termite said in Horses Arses:

Cold be. I can’t remember yesterday.

What happened yesterday?

Thank you all this was a training post to see how many horses asses would reply

Moderators training post Exes Post 1four 3

Post 143? Where is that?

Between post 142 and post 144, it’s the one the dogs prefer to piss on.

administrators

No, I like to piss on them all.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.