Why Me

Done that Cliff for the past 4 months, as I say we only use it for specific stuff and never on line and doesn’t leave the mitt so how did they hack the 3 number code on the back, got me fucked and fucken angry.

Somebody has seen/copied your card or somebody where you have used it has stored your card details & had them stolen by a hacker or by a crook employee.

administrators

Why Me

God doesn’t like you.

I had my details swiped while it was still in my pocket by someone with a scanner, I now carry my cards in metalic wallet that the scammers can’t scan through.
I check my account daily and found a transaction for $99 for Nguyen Software and outfit I had neither dealt with or heard of.
Was my Woolworths card and they cancelled the card straight away and reversed the transaction, had a new card in a few days.
I use that card for just about everything as I have to have a liability to justify my salary sacrifice at work, this is it and I pay it off each week from my bank account so as to not attract any interest although Mr Nguyen showed some interest in it.
Most cards allow a $100 transaction without a check so it seems that mine was on the money, no PIN required.
God loves me and so does Jesus.

Just ordered a set of RFID blocking sleeves, 5 for cards and 2 for passports.

@termite said in Why Me:

RFID blocking sleeves

Where from?

It’s all a bit of nonsense really.

The fact that the banks are prepared to wear the risk shows just how little risk there is.

@bunyip said in Why Me:

I had my details swiped while it was still in my pocket by someone with a scanner,

Unless you had only one card in your pocket and it was the top one with the others buried deep below it that probably didn’t happen. Think about it logically - two or three nfc cards mashed together neatly scramble the (already encrypted) data - that’s the real reason for RFID protected wallets - they have an unprotected sleeve so that the one you want to use can be kept in it (say your public transport card or office security card) and the others won’t scramble the data.

Hacking credit cards is more likely - the few cent transaction is to confirm the pin - then happy days!

The ten dollar tool to guess your next credit card number.

How to guess credit card security codes.

how hackers can guess credit card security codes in six seconds.

@cliff-rogers said in Why Me:

@termite said in Why Me:

RFID blocking sleeves

Where from?

ebay, cheap as.

@termite said in Why Me:

@termite said in Why Me:

RFID blocking sleeves

Where from?

ebay, cheap as.

Thanks.

We head off in a week, most likely won’t get any in time, might use alfoil… if I wrap it around my head nobody is going to come close enough to me to scan my card. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

administrators

@termite said in Why Me:

@termite said in Why Me:

RFID blocking sleeves

Where from?

ebay, cheap as.

Thanks.

We head off in a week, most likely won’t get any in time, might use alfoil… if I wrap it around my head nobody is going to come close enough to me to scan my card. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s true with or without alfoil

If you stick your cards down the front of your chastity belt you could save a few bob…

@bitingmidge said in Why Me:

chastity belt

Where do you get them from?

administrators

chastity belt

Make them out of alfoil.

chastity belt

Amazon.

It’s all a bit of nonsense really.

Ummm, yeah I think you’re right

If you’re really really worried abut this stuff, then get rid of your cards, delete yourself from Facebook., Twittter and Instagram.
Go off the grid and pay cash for everything (Of course, you’ll need a keycard to be able to withdraw cash)

last edited by Craig

We have a Coles near us that don’t accept cash.
I don’t do social media and only have two cards apart from my rarely used Myki Mouse card, have never let the card into the hands of others so don’t know how it got scammed, I use paypal on ebay and that comes from another account with no card access.
That is why I think my card was scanned as I had tapped my wallet on a scanner in the past before I had the one that was scammed.

last edited by bunyip

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.