NBN - any starters?
administrators

I have to wait until 2020 before I get the NBN and it’ll be fixed wireless. :cry:

I’m on Telstra 4GX which is quite good but expensive.

We ditched the landline years ago. Can’t see any need to have anything other than a mobile and Skype.

If you grt a dedicated router phone , you can block numbers as you can on your mobil, so every time you get a telemarketing lying bastard you just block that number

@dog said in NBN - any starters?:

I have to wait until 2020 before I get the NBN and it’ll be fixed wireless. :cry:

I’m on Telstra 4GX which is quite good but expensive.

We ditched the landline years ago. Can’t see any need to have anything other than a mobile and Skype.

We did that years ago, then the mobile reception round our place got so horrible we had to get the landline back, and it was no more expensive than the (3G) was at the time anyway.

So here in France we have two mobile setups - a 4G dongle which costs about $20 per month for 12gb, (soon to be ditched)

And our phone plan - unlimited calls in Eu and to landlines anywhere in the world, 50gb of 4G per month, (5gb per year per country when roaming) - no contract and less than $30.00 per month!

All we need is competition! (Although Amaysim are going a long way towards providing it in Aus)

administrators

We were on 3G for a couple of years and it was ok but was variable. 4GX is really quite fast, at least most of the time. I usually get 20mbs download and the slowest I get is 5mbs.

It is just really expensive.

I was on another fixed wireless product but it was crappy in peak times.

No project NBN date foir us and ditching landline is not an option as the wind robs us of mobile signal, funny how it blows the signal away!! (Bloody big cypress trees between us and the towers, wind blows, they lean over and we lose signal).

Currently in the process of doing both the house and our place in Melbourne, one with iinet and the other with Telstra. Fully expect both to go tits up. One daughter got lucky with fibre to the home, or she did until a hungry mouse terminated the service, got that fixed and the psycho neighbour cut the line. Now have it armour plated up the wazoo outside the house, next time the bastard does it hopefully he gets caught. The police have been on his case with other misbehaviour unrelated to us so hopefully he gets himself committed sometime soon.

I will never gt NBN to my home. There is suppose to be coverage with the same fixed wireless that Joker gets but only to part of my property. They won’t even come and test the signal at my house alleging that the trees would block it.
At work we have had NBN for many years as we are in the first area in Australia to get it.
It is with Telstra and works well. Our phones and internet go through the same box. The back up battery died on the NBN box last week and it started to beep. This just meant taking the sealed lead acid battery out and buying a new one. Otherwise no problems.
I certainly don’t need to restart it weekly as tolovar suggested. It has crashed 2 times in 4 years.
We only have 25mb/s but this is fine. We do some video conferencing and the speed seems to be enough. I don’t see the need to pay for a faster connection.

if you mobile phone works at home there a strong chance a mobile donglt will give you faster internet

@wombat said in NBN - any starters?:

if you mobile phone works at home there a strong chance a mobile donglt will give you faster internet

It’s not on the mobile network. There is a tower a few Km from home that is essentially a wifi transmitter for the NBN. The mobile signal comes from a different tower about 10km the opposite direction.

Recently got NBN Satellite. 12/1MBS. 40G anytime and 60g off-peak for $50/m. 100km from Perth CBD. Pretty happy so far. Tested 10.3/0.78 just now.

Looks like your connection to NBN - any starters? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.