greetings gents.

I’ve been busy;

1. left the company that is rolling out fraudband,
  2. took a sabbatical and have been building my hobby business (bespoke furniture, selling chopping boards at the markets etc)
  3. hugging the wife and kid a lot
  4. investing in the stock market
  5. bought into a startup in the tech industry and consulting with them
  6. building lots of furniture - heres a few samples.
  7. get fucked the lot of you!!
  8. this website is wierd. I havent got used to it so find it hard to use. part of the reason I’ve been off.
  9. what the fuck are “tags” ??? fucking website… :)

2_1522188574250_weird box.JPG 1_1522188574249_snakewood table.JPG 0_1522188574249_jewellry box.JPG

the jewellery box is snakewood and american rock maple

the striped table is snakewood and american rock maple

the weird box is walnut and american rock maple

as you can see I like rock maple. the snakewood is terrific too.

I might be taking an order for a board room table so may have an opportunity to buy a whole pallet of am rock maple… that would be nice!

anything changed here? or still the same shed?

I’m still here, Liggy departed this life a while ago, Dog is still a pain in the arse.
A few hover in the background, the site is easy when you get used to it’s quirkiness, nice pens, good job.

@horse said in greetings gents.:

this website is wierd. I havent got used to it so find it hard to use. part of the reason I’ve been off.

And this guy made his living rolling out the NBN!!!

Welcome back Zeddie, nice pens too!

last edited by bitingmidge

Yep all the same same…different, A few didn’t roll over to this site but most did.
Which markets are you flogging your wares of at , so we can avoid them
Oh and nice pens, BTW

i’ve done a few private school markets (knox & sydney grammar), kirrilbilli, glebe, a local one in turramurra, and a couple of local shpping centres on saturday mornings for a few hours. do ok, make a couple of hundred or more and a few leads for furniture. also got some stuff in a gallery in Berry called “precinct gallery”.

most furniture work has been word of mouth which is good coz its local and I dont have to fuck about with travelling and our area is fairly affluent so I dont get too much “I can get this from Ikea” or grief over my prices which are expensive (i dont work cheap)

administrators

this website is wierd. I havent got used to it so find it hard to use. part of the reason I’ve been off.

@bitingmidge said in greetings gents.:

And this guy made his living rolling out the NBN!!!

Welcome back Zeddie, nice pens too!

Fuck, even Midge worked out how to use this site.

Do we know this person?:question:

Welcome back Zeddie.

Good to see some woodwork, apart from tedalex we don’t see much any more.

Jack does a bit but doesn’t post here much.

I’ve been planting trees to make more wood to work with.

I have just finished a couple of little platters that will be wedding pressies for relos in pomgolia, haven’t had a chance to get a photo yet.

Keep up the good work.

last edited by Cliff Rogers

Get fucked Zed.
I’m still here but can’t reply to threads most of the time, fucked if I know why.
All the cool kids here have bought a tractor, so you’ll have to get one too.
Cliff complains of not getting any rain and someone else is building a dust extraction system.
Nice pen

@outback said in greetings gents.:

All the cool kids here have bought a tractor, so you’ll have to get one too.

Cool my arse, beats a shovel and wheelbarrow moving several tonnes of sand and gravel.

to be brutally honest, when the shed changed layout I was pretty busy at the fraudband company so didnt explore the change and basically gave up on you fuckers. now I have time I can see that even a bunch of useless old pricks can work it out so therefore i can too. so therefore it not that I COULDNT work it out but rather DIDNT bother.

I heard about Liggy at the time, poor old gruff bastard, I liked him.

last edited by Horse

therefore it not that I COULDNT work it out

That’s the spirit!

Actually once you get used to it - here’s a tip - set it to open on “unread” when you arrive… if you can’t see how give me a hoy… it’s actually quite nice, much more user friendly than the old style forums…

@bitingmidge said in greetings gents.:

Actually once you get used to it - here’s a tip - set it to open on “unread” when you arrive… if you can’t see how give me a hoy… it’s actually quite nice, much more user friendly than the old style forums…

Yep, it’s made for us old farts. Once you’ve had some real-world experience you shouldn’t have any trouble.:grin:

I can manage, even with a shit hopeless F’n iPad while I am traveling.

@cliff-rogers said in greetings gents.:

I can manage, even with a shit hopeless F’n iPad while I am traveling.

That iPad isn’t hopeless, I remember it found us at some railway station in the middle of nowhere!

I found you by looking out the window for somewhere to throw the shit hopeless bloody iPhone. It was locked to Telstra & wouldn’t work with the SIM card we had just bought. You got on line & sent a request to Apple to have it unlocked. We ended up buying a cheap 2nd hand dumb phone to get us around Paris. Thanks to you, the iPhone was unlocked by the time we got to London.

last edited by Cliff Rogers

Dog, some prick called horse is spamming the site with pen pics.

Cut his access.

Just kidding, welcome back Zeddie

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.