Question for the Southern Folk

@dog said in Question for the Southern Folk:

I’d stay right in Melbourne. Easy tram to all of the inner city.

Airbnb have whole apartments for less than $100 a night.

Good food, coffee and beer.

What, you mean the Melbourne CBD?

I was thinking Carlton or St Kilda (which is a bit further out)
I need suburb names :)

Yes, Airbnb will be the go for sure

last edited by Craig

The missus and I are going to do a road trip in early May and we’ll be in Melbourne for a few nights.
Someone has to ask why?

administrators

@craig said in Question for the Southern Folk:

I’d stay right in Melbourne. Easy tram to all of the inner city.

Airbnb have whole apartments for less than $100 a night.

Good food, coffee and beer.

What, you mean the Melbourne CBD?

I was thinking Carlton or St Kilda (which is a bit further out)
I need suburb names :)

Yes, Airbnb will be the go for sure

Yeah, right in the city. Lots to do and you can walk to Carlton or take a tram to St. Kilda. Southbank is good, if a little touristy. You could rent an apartment there too.

Really anywhere within a kilometer or two radius from the CBD would work but right in the city means everything is in reach.

administrators

@tolovar said in Question for the Southern Folk:

The missus and I are going to do a road trip in early May and we’ll be in Melbourne for a few nights.
Someone has to ask why?

Ah fuck, why?

administrators

I’m in Hobart from May 17th to 20th, so if the dates work we should catch up for lunch in the city or a beer on a Wednesday or Friday.

Richmond is good - quick tram or train, or longer walk to the city. Good tucker shops and if your missus is interested, good fashion shopping, or used to be, so I’m told.

We have friends in Beaumaris so we stay there, affluent suburb, bit of a hike to the city but we like it 'cos it is free.

Southern folks? From where I’m standing you are one Craig!

Can’t help you with Melbourne accommodation, I spent half a night in a motel at the airport and a couple of nights in a hotel right near a large railway station, but buggered if I can remember where it was.

Mick

I was in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago, first time this year and probably the last.

I’m in Hobart from May 17th to 20th, so if the dates work we should catch up for lunch in the city or a beer on a Wednesday or Friday.

We’ll be there from the 9th to around the 12th (haven’t booked it yet). So lunch or beer may be doable.

I stayed at The Seasons Botanic Gardens last time I was there. Its a bit expensive but very nice apartment rooms overlooking the gardens. Central location and they have a very authentic Malaysian “street food” restaurant at the front.

I try not to go to Melbourne if I can help it…it’s almost as bad as Adelaide.

We ended up going for an airbnb in St Kilda. Looks alright.

@bleedin-thumb said in Question for the Southern Folk:

it’s almost as bad as Adelaide

Ahh yes, Australia’s only living cemetery.

administrators

I try not to go to Melbourne if I can help it…it’s almost as bad as Adelaide.

What the fuck would you fucking northerners know. Don’t even know what real football is.

@bitingmidge said in Question for the Southern Folk:

@bitingmidge said in Question for the Southern Folk:

No, I think you’ll find that’s Harvey Bay :)

Good point! (and I really like Adelaide.)

I thought a drive on Pennant Hills Rd in peak hour was like a cemetery, I no longer hang shit on the Monash Freeway.
Haven’t been to Adelaide since 1966 but I am told that nothing has changed.

last edited by bunyip

What the fuck would you fucking northerners know. Don’t even know what real football is.

And what would you know about it?
Most of them are better at tipping the game than you are, not me, I’m fuck’n hopeless. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

and there lies the problem with you southerners , we do know what real football is , it’s you lot that just cannot grasp the fact that kick and giggle isn’t real football. :)

administrators

@tolovar said in Question for the Southern Folk:

and there lies the problem with you southerners , we do know what real football is , it’s you lot that just cannot grasp the fact that kick and giggle isn’t real football. :)

The cognitive dissonance of the northerners is strong.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.