One for the watch aficionados

@termite said in One for the watch aficionados:

What model Omega is it, have a look on the back.

It is a Seamaster.

To be completely honest, it isn’t on my wrist and hasn’t been for some time.

It has been replaced by a watch like device which offers a lot more functionality.

The wife has the same device on her wrist and her Tag is in the safe with my Omega.

@bunyip said in One for the watch aficionados:

Having said that I recently acquired a like new Tissot PRC200 for $240.00,

Does the PRC in that model stand for People’s Republic of China? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mick

@enter-username said in One for the watch aficionados:

@termite said in One for the watch aficionados:

What model Omega is it, have a look on the back.

It is a Seamaster.

To be completely honest, it isn’t on my wrist and hasn’t been for some time.

It has been replaced by a watch like device which offers a lot more functionality.

The wife has the same device on her wrist and her Tag is in the safe with my Omega.

Thanks, but a Seamaster what? Do you know how many models of Omega Seamaster are currently available, let alone the fact that they have been in production since 1948?
For the moment suffice to say that some models are automatic and some models are quartz.

AHA! I was just about to start another sentence regarding how quickly modern electronics become obsolete and how the beauty of a good wrist watch lasts forever, when the penny dropped, the Tag was the clue.
Yes I am sometimes a bit slow but I finally realised the true identity of he who goes by the pseudonym of “Enter Username”. :)

last edited by Termite

ATTENTION "ENTER USERNAME"
Take the battery out of the Seamaster, otherwise it will eventually destroy the watch when it ages and leaks.

Good point, I will remove the battery ;)

That applies to any battery operated watch, and don’t put them in the wood heater (yes, we tried this at home).

@enter-username said in One for the watch aficionados:

Good point, I will remove the battery ;)

… and don’t forget the Tag if the good lady is not going to wear it occasionally.

Bought myself a Nautica watch a while ago, rather liked the nautical flags in lieu of numbers on the face, shortly afterwards I was a little pissed off to find it is made by Timex.
Prior to Timex there was Waterbury Clock Co, people have one of these and think they have a valuable antiquity, they are crude and rough as guts and were churned out at the rate of something like 10,000 a day.
I have an old catalogue that shows all the variants of a base model, you bought a case then added pendulum ABC or D, same for finial, glass on the front, dial etc etc.
Hopefuls think they are worth $1500-2000, in reality I wouldn’t pay over $200 for one in reasonable condition.
Another one is the Ansonia, same crappy movement and rough as.

There are about 35 brands that can be considered in the top class, and there is over 500 other brands not even counting the Chinese stuff.

Buy a new Bentley (not all models) and get a ‘free’ Breitling, the dashboard clock is Breitling also.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.