Welders

I just hide/keep all my stuff in the shed … she rarely goes in there. :)

The worst thing is when you cark it and your misses sells your stuff for what you told her it cost …aagggg

bugger, been looking at plasma cutters…

Why would you cut plasma? :confused:

Aldi had one a week or two ago , looked reasonable

Only problem with some Aldi gear is consumables, I have their Mig welder which is sort of OK but only has a hi/low setting and if the gun buggers up I may as well throw it away as it is all part of the main unit, no connection, no burn back control and polarity is fixed.
It is very much a hit and miss unit and you can’t fine tune to get a good result, the feed speed is the only controllable feature.
Still waiting for the Unimig to arrive and the sparky to arrive to fit the 15a socket in the shed.

@cliff-rogers said in Welders:

… & I have only changed the tip once.

Yer not doing enough welding. Been through a few packets with my own welder. Went through a few tips a day at the boat yard.

Mick

Yup, I don’t do much welding.

@jmick said in Welders:

Went through a few tips a day at the boat yard.

You really shouldn’t use your welding gun as a hammer. :D

Seriously though, as long as you are not getting excessive burn back, tips should last for ages.

@joker said in Welders:

You really shouldn’t use your welding gun as a hammer. :D

You sound like a Sparky I know, tool kit consists of a pair of bull nosed pliers and a screwdriver, reckons he can do any installation with that kit, chase out brickwork included. He also had a voltmeter screwdriver, it was marked in volts along the shaft, and he said that you read the voltage by how much of the screwdriver disappeared when you shorted something out with it.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.