Victoria Beer (Mexico)

You have to be able to ‘Take The Piss’. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Piss off!

@madbugger said in Victoria Beer (Mexico):

Emu Export is by far the worst I have ever had. Convinced they just collect emu piss and bottle it.

No way emu export was in the white tin, it was just shit beer, the Bitter was in the green tin and it was more like the export after it was mixed with mashed emu’s still full bowels’ .

@tolovar said in Victoria Beer (Mexico):

like the export after it was mixed with mashed emu’s still full bowels’

How did you come by this knowledge? :open_mouth:

If you had ever been ashore in Port Hedland tasted an emu export. thought that is absolute shit beer i’ll try the other one their selling the emu bitter, upon tasting it you realize the only answer for the taste is that they had taken the worst tasting beer they could find and " mixed with mashed emu’s still full bowels’ ."

The only logical answer.

administrators

I grew up drinking Emu Export/Bitter. I didn’t know any better as that was what was available.

I haven’t had one since '91 or there abouts. No interest in having another.

It was probably in the late '80s when some alternatives started coming on to the market. I’m not sure what market share Swan Brewery has now but it would be a fraction of what it once was. Under Alan Bond they tried to get into the eastern states market with Swan Premium. CUB then came into the WA market, as did a bunch of others.

I will say tho, that West End is worse than EE/EB. Can’t say XXXX does much for me either.

@tolovar said in Victoria Beer (Mexico):

" mixed with mashed emu’s still full bowels’ ."

But how do you know this?

Reschs in NSW was pretty bad, Boags Tas was nothing exceptional, VB Original was re released a few years ago and was not bad but didn’t last long, was close to a euro style lager, Hahn Ice was an abomination.
Never got into the WA brews.
We now have a local micro brewery, Howlers, they do some nice drops especially the brown ales but they serve them ice cold which kills them, wait about 20 minutes before drinking and they are ok.

administrators

@bunyip said in Victoria Beer (Mexico):

Reschs in NSW was pretty bad

AKA Wrecker’s rubbish.

Does anyone remember that SA gnat’s piss Big Barrel?

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.