Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer
administrators

But thankfully Hobart has a great craft beer scene so I didn’t have to drink any.

Just had a ball for the 3 days we were there. Stunningly beautiful. Reminds me of Wellington.

Here are a few photos.
0_1526811762561_Hobart-073911.jpg

0_1526811791546_Hobart-114124.jpg

0_1526811803751_Hobart-122050.jpg

0_1526811813226_Hobart-131000.jpg

0_1526811825218_Hobart-152754.jpg

0_1526811834129_Hobart-155724.jpg

0_1526811844860_Hobart-171337.jpg

0_1526811864414_Hobart-171337.jpg

0_1526811871861_Hobart-190128.jpg

Yeah, had a great couple of weeks in Tassie last year. Did you catch the Mona Rover to Mona? Cool gallery. You can pay a little extra to be in the Posh Pit on the MR where they feed you bubbles and canopes on the short trip up the Derwent. It’s worth it.

administrators

No, not the time.

We’re going to go for a bit longer next time and do that and Bruny Island.

Nice place for a visit but I couldn’t live there, my parents lived there and I did for a couple of years, OK good fishing and outdoors but get screwed on goods with the good old ‘freight charge’ and costs a fortune just to get over Bass Strait before you even start to have the inclination to wander around somewhere with your car.
I get down there about every two to three years with fly rod in hand, there are only so many galleries that you can visit and outside of Hobart there is not a lot.
Might do the cruise next time down, have done a couple before but only on the old ferries.
Last time in Snug we found a wharfie in the pub with his beer drinking mates drinking pots of moselle, story was his Dr told him to give up the beer or he would be dead in a couple of years.

You sir, are an idiot 😜

Bruny Island is one of my favourite spots, spent a lot of time there as a kid in our family holiday home.

All of my immediate family are somehow still tied to the place and I love to visit when I can.

I fully recommend the tour my brother previously guided.
Can’t remember the details but happy to find out if you want.

administrators

Thanks Jack,

We’ll be back down there for a bit longer next year. I’d be interested with the tour details.

administrators

@enter-username said in Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer:

You sir, are an idiot 😜

Yes, but I’m smart enough not to drink Cascade.

japanese isn’t it?

My sister has a nice shack on Bruny , the better end Dennes Point, Lovely spot to relax with the open fire and a good NSW red.

Cascade is certainly not the worst beer brewed in Australia, however it ani’t far from the bottom of the list.

administrators

It’s been a long time since I’ve had a Cascade. They’re not horrible, just bland and uninteresting. At least it’s an ale.

I’m not going to waste my time drinking ordinary beers.

I used to fishing with the State Pathologist who had a boat on Bruny, he would always get hopelessly pissed and leave me in control and also to take care of the young nurses he always seemed to attract.
Was about a 50’ converted trawler which was well set up, many a wild weekend was spent on that while the good Dr slept, when we got back I had to drive him home in his Merc and pickup up my old VW to get home.
Usually went home with a sore dick and a few fish.

@bunyip said in Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer:

Usually went home with a sore dick and a few fish.

That’s different, I can recall a sore dick and smelling of fish. ;)

There are only two things that smell like old fish crates, and one of them’s old fish crates.

@dog said in Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer:

It’s been a long time since I’ve had a Cascade. They’re not horrible, just bland and uninteresting. At least it’s an ale.

I’m not going to waste my time drinking ordinary beers.

Try Cascade’s First Harvest if you can get hold of it, I think it would suit your palate.

Edit: Never mind, I googled it to provide a link but they stopped brewing it in 2016.

Here is a link that might be of interest if they have changed anything by the time you visit the great southern land again.

https://www.beerandbrewer.com/cub-announces-crafty-plans-for-cascade-brewery/

administrators

Thanks, I’ll have a try when I see one. Not convinced the big brewers have the passion to make great beer tho.

Little Creatures was bought out by a big brewer and I believe their beers are now made in several locations.

They are still managing to make Rogers’ well.

It’s my go to beer.

administrators

@enter-username said in Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer:

Little Creatures was bought out by a big brewer and I believe their beers are now made in several locations.

They are still managing to make Rogers’ well.

It’s my go to beer.

Little Creatures went down hill. It’s not bad but not as good as it once was.

Rogers is ok. I’ll drink that if there’s nothing else.

@dog Nice photos Dog. Proper camera eh?

Oh yeah, the photos - well done! :D

administrators

@murrayd99 said in Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer:

@dog Nice photos Dog. Proper camera eh?

Just with my phone.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.