New table.

Greetings Gents,

I took a commission the other month. It was for a side table 1400Lx900Hx300W. The brief was to use Oz timbers; originally Bluegum and Silky oak. Bluegum was unobtainable from my timber merchant so I convinced the customer that Jarrah was a nice substitute. The design was a basic hall table with a lower shelf and two drawers. Both the upper and lower platter were to incorporate a triple pinstripe 2mm thick in the front third of each platter to juxtapose the red of the Jarrah with the shimmering white of the Silky Oak.

The Silky oak was a basic off white strip and the Jarrah came off 3 separate tree’s 1 for the legs which has a beautiful cross hatch grain pattern, the top platter has that classic jarrah black fleck and the lower platter and sides had some lovely shimmering grain all wood workers wank over. Have a look at the pics. It’s a lovey table and I got $2800 for it. Living in Sydney has some advantages!

So why am I telling you this? Well, when we are talking about the design the customer told me he’d “do a drawing of how he imagined the table would look like”. I thought “beauty this will give me an idea of what he wants it to look like the approx. dimensions and all the other stuff like how he wants the edges cut etc…” No such luck – have a look at this drawing…… its called “Cust Pinstripe” 😝) . the rest of the pics are the various stages of construction and one “almost finished” one.

Great table, happy with it, the handles aren’t my taste but there you go.

bonus pic: me at me market stall selling cutting boards and spoons etc. get fucked the lot of ya.

CheerZ

Horsey
5_1527226215668_top platter pinstripe.JPG 4_1527226215668_market stall.JPG 3_1527226215668_legs hatching.JPG 2_1527226215668_finished.JPG 1_1527226215667_finished.jpeg 0_1527226215666_cust pinstripe.JPG

G’day.

You don’t seem to be selling very much. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And somebody is going to pick on yer white socks fer sure. :smirk:

Nice Pen

I’d heard you were ugly, but shit they were not exaggerating. where the artists drawing?

Well done… now about that slow moving stock… how much to take it off your hands as a bulk lot? :D

the artists drawing is the pink rectangle with the lines on it… I did ok at that market it was at sydney grammer open day turned over about 2k that day. hard work talking shit all day to the punters.

if you want one midge let me know size and colour and I’ll send you one.

yes I am as ugly as a hatful of arseholes

jack used to make fun of my white socks, he’s a cunt too; like you lot. :)

Nice table.

Fuck you fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

You are one ugly fucker

administrators

@horse said in New table.:

We’ve seen better looking hats full of arseholes

No worse that these blokes.

alt text

Nice looking table. I like the stripes, repeated on the shelf.:thumbsup:

if you want one midge let me know size and colour and I’ll send you one.

Thanks for that Z- I’ve been contemplating making a few along similar lines to bring to friends in EU. Out of curiosity what glue are you using, and what oil to finish with?

Ditto for the table?

Cheers

I always use Titebond 3 coz its stiff and waterproof.

the table is finished with 3 coats of danish oil and one coat of canaruba wax and finally with some orange oil.

i never finish my boards with anything. if a customer insists on “what should the use” I just say vegetable oil and wash with scalding hot water, dishwashing liquid and leave to dry in the sun. occasionally sand with a fine grit.

thanks for the compliments.

last edited by Horse
administrators

i never finish my boards with anything. if a customer insists on “what should the use” I just say vegetable oil and wash with scalding hot water, dishwashing liquid and leave to dry in the sun. occasionally sand with a fine grit.

That’s my view too. I use tung oil. Hate plastic finishes.

@dog said in New table.:

I use tung oil.

Dogs are good at licking things.

Nice pen, good job. Mind you, the accurate and detailed plans you wee given made fulfilling the brief a doddle.

jack used to make fun of my white socks, he’s a cunt too; like you lot.

Haha, I don’t check The Shed much these days but sometimes it’s worth it :)

Where are your strappy thongs you ugly fucker? :joy:

clothing and shoes come to a terrible end at my place, steadily demoted from new to rag. those shoes are now gone too RIP.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.