new router advice

For the table, another Triton.

Hand held, Festool.

@bunyip said in new router advice:

My Hitachi 2HP that I bought in 1986 is still going strong but I wish it had a soft start, forgotten the model, TR8 or something.

The big Hitachi - comparable modael - now has a soft start. Mine’s the same vintage as Buny’s & still going strong. It gets a lot of work. As I realised when I was checking costs for insurance, it’s about the same price now as it was 30 years ago.

administrators

I think you should whittle your router out of a turnip.
0_1528412407773_NBN.jpg

Well… that’s a turnip for the books. :smirk:

The NBN faxed an E statement, nice touch:smiling_imp:

So, if all these people are going to the NBN, why is my old Telstra ADSL connection so slow? I thought it may have been my geriatric computer, but as I’m now using it on a motel computer in Dallas, and everything is so much faster, it seems that it’s definitely the interweb connection. Fuck you, Telstra, and the horse you rode in on.

Yup, they can control it from their end, 3G from a tower 8Kms from us used to be fast, now if we want fast mobile net internet, it comes from a 4G tower 15Kms away & the closer 3G tower is now just fjook’n hopeless.

As I said before I’m 100Mtr from the Node and never go under 20Mb/s on a 25/5 plan, Oh and I’m with Optus not bloody Telstra.

administrators

@cliff-rogers said in new router advice:

Yup, they can control it from their end, 3G from a tower 8Kms from us used to be fast, now if we want fast mobile net internet, it comes from a 4G tower 15Kms away & the closer 3G tower is now just fjook’n hopeless.

I switched to Telstra 4G 18 months ago. It was really good to start with. Often get 30mbs download. It has been getting slower and slower at peak times. Often way less than 1mbs.

An NBN Fixed wireless tower, 3 ks ways is almost complete. I’ve signed up with Aussie Broadband, so I should get connected in the next couple of months.

that cartoon is hilarious, I saw it the other day. fucking nbn. they should have just built a fibre network. idiots.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.