Unimig Welder customer service

Got the welder last week and succeeded in buggering the spring trying to get the nozzle off to check out the tip size, also there is nothing to say what feed wheels are with the machine so I called Unimig to enquire as to what I have.
Customer service where very helpful, told me the correct way to remove the nozzle and agreed that there was no instruction on how to do it, they are sending out two replacement springs and a pack of .8mm tips and a knurled feed wheel for .8 and .9mm flux wire.
I was only enquiring as to what I had done wrong and they absolutely bent over backwards to assist, after some recent whinging with banks and credit cards services it is nice to have a win.
If only more companies offered decent customer service they might just get ahead.

Just got better, arrived by courier today, I’m the one who stuffed up and admitted it to them then they do this.
Accolades to Unimig.

administrators

That’s good to know. I’m going to be getting a welder soonish.

In the case of poor service, I’ve found it helps to write to someone far enough up the tree, eg board level, to deliver an arse-kicking. I’d suggest that the same is in order in case of good service like this…which reminds me, I should do exactly that in the case of Actron Airconditioners, whose service under warranty is also excellent.

@shy-ted

@dog said in Unimig Welder customer service:

That’s good to know. I’m going to be getting a welder soonish.

I was always amazed and impressed when people wrote to us after our staff did something great. They were always amazed and impressed when we rewarded them accordingly - which of course meant we received more amazing and impressive letters!

Truly, write to the head honcho when something good. happens -

We wrote to Asko recently after they delivered and installed a new dishwasher and removed and disposed of the old one, four days after our phone call, four months out of the two year warranty. Great stuff needs to be acknowledged, because it breeds.

I have written to different companies when I have had exceptional service, that applies either way, the exception has been with our Kubota dealer, sales were fine but the service department wouldn’t know if a Melbourne tram was up them unless they rang the bell.
We did change dealers for service and got a few problems fixed that the other mob had never seen, ignored or just denied existed.
As for the welder, I opted for the Razorweld over the Viper as it has a longer duty cycle and a three year warranty, downside is it needs a 15a outlet which will be a PITA if you don’t have one, we did.
They tell me a file on the earth pin works too.
I have ignored a lot of ebay offerings for brands that look too good to be true, I got burnt once on a pole saw that SWMBO buggered a part on, 3 months after purchase the part was no longer available which rendered the saw useless.

@shy-ted said in Unimig Welder customer service:

In the case of poor service, I’ve found it helps to write to someone far enough up the tree, eg board level, to deliver an arse-kicking. I’d suggest that the same is in order in case of good service like this…which reminds me, I should do exactly that in the case of Actron Airconditioners, whose service under warranty is also excellent.

So many of us will write in about poor service but forget to compliment the good. I’ve tended to write for both and have sometimes been rewarded for the compliment. Last year I wrote a thank you letter/email to Marks and Spencer in England thanking the relevant staff for sorting something out for me in a prompt and courteous manner. Within hours I was emailed a GBP20.00 voucher thanking me for my letter.

@termite said in Unimig Welder customer service:

Within hours I was emailed a GBP20.00 voucher thanking me for my letter.

If you need help spending it, I’ll be in London in a couple of weeks.:money_with_wings:

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.