Kamado Joe
administrators

I bought a BBQ off of eBay about 3 years ago. It was second hand but had never been used and it was cheap, at least to me.

It has been a real disappointment. It only gets hot in one corner and I really don’t get any extra flavour from it. Might as well cook food in the kitchen.

Decided that to really impart flavour, you need to cook on charcoal. I thought a Weber was the way to go and did a little research.

Ended up getting a Kamado Joe grill like this.
0_1494752524999_kjoeclacr.jpg

Every review I read was positive with the only downside was the cost.

I pick it up in a few weeks, I’ll let you know how it goes. Looking forward to tandoori chicken and potato naan.

It looks like Mr.Squiggle’s rocket. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sans dick…

We looked at one a while ago and SWMBO decided to buy a new car instead, they are not cheap.

last edited by bunyip

Dog once you learn to drive that thing you are going to be amazed at the food that comes out of it.

One very very important thing that a lot of people only learn the hard way is how to open the lid when it is cooking.
Just crack the lid and lift a very small amount to start with, and I mean a very small amount, and after a few seconds pause you slowly lift the lid the rest of the way. If you just lift the lid straight up the injection of fresh air/oxygen causes a flare up right in your face.

As for not cheap, a full on Kamado made in Indonesia will set you back between $4-5 thousand depending on the size, they are an absolute work of art.

last edited by Termite

How do you define charcoal, the black rough stuff or what redheads package on sale at Bunnies which are all uniform shape, compressed charcoal with some binding agent.

@Termite said in Kamado Joe:

you are going to be amazed at the food that comes out of it.
One very very important thing that a lot of people only learn the hard way is how to

not eat the pencil.

administrators

@bunyip said in Kamado Joe:

How do you define charcoal, the black rough stuff or what redheads package on sale at Bunnies which are all uniform shape, compressed charcoal with some binding agent.

It should be real charcoal, the black rough stuff. You know the same way you like your men.

Commonly called Lump Charcoal, they yanks call anything black as charcoal.

Looks like your connection to Kamado Joe was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.