Just how picky are you?

Here is another byway for you Midge… a tad boring/amusing (if you are that way inclined) and, if you go to the youtube page & follow some of the links below, you can bore/amuse yourself even further.

1. I have not seen a fret board like that for a long time.
  2. The artists inability to play didn’t really help the cause.
  3. Bach is credited with being the father of modern music with his introduction of what we know as A440 now (was a bit lower in his time, around 430 so singers could cope easier) and the creation of uniform tuning for all instruments.
    This is groups of instruments that works, before this they rarely did.
  4. Most of that sounded bloody awful.

@bunyip said in Just how picky are you?:

1. I have not seen a fret board like that for a long time.
  2. The artists inability to play didn’t really help the cause.
  3. Bach is credited with being the father of modern music with his introduction of what we know as A440 now (was a bit lower in his time, around 430 so singers could cope easier) and the creation of uniform tuning for all instruments.
    This is groups of instruments that works, before this they rarely did.
  4. Most of that sounded bloody awful.

Don’t know about all that tech stuff. Being mostly deaf probably makes it all sound better than it is! I’m just grateful to hear any of it! :D

Thanks Cliff, we are in Toul at the moment and there’s a bit of a Bach fest going on in the cathedral tonight, so it’s all very timely - I need to get a better understanderscope to spot the difference in tuning though. It’s one of those things where I get the difference mathematically, and now you’ve sent me off on a microtonal voyage!

Actually it’s a bit of trick with street organs too - the little pipes are difficult to get a reasonable tone out of, so the nicer ones have duplicated pipes tuned a microtone apart and you end up with a much nicer note. Even I can hear the difference!

@bitingmidge said in Just how picky are you?:

we are in Toul at the moment and there’s a bit of a Bach fest going on in the cathedral tonight

Cool, I love it when you happen upon things like that while traveling.

@cliff-rogers said in Just how picky are you?:

Cool, I love it when you happen upon things like that while traveling.

Well I love it when you do too! :D

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.