Fucking hackers, fucking car rental companies, fucking SNCF trains.

In order…
I eventually caught the train before the one I was booked on, which only left an hour & a half after the one I was booked on should have. Problem due to a line problem in UK, so we were diverted. Once on the train & under way, service was excellent. Compensation is offered, but don’t think I can claim for inconvenience - didn’t cost me anything.
Car hire mob - apologetic. email was sent by mistake & booking is as was.
I’m pretty sure phone was fully charged in the a.m., but because of the funny electrics at the Paris Airbnb, maybe it wasn’t. when you switch off the light, everything else switches off.
“Scam rule #1 - always target old people because it works.” It works if they target tired people who have just started to relax with a bottle of SNCF red wine, too. Normally I would have smelled a rat and ditched it immediately, but not this time - it took me a couple of seconds.

A couple of good things - the staff at the Best Western Burns Hotel, who remained calm & helped me out when things seemed to be going tits up, and the barmaid there who served a couple of very nice beers & was most friendly when I returned from Apple.

@bitingmidge said in Fucking hackers, fucking car rental companies, fucking SNCF trains.:

SNCF is an acronym that stands for “Striking National Company of France”.

From the SNCF website…“The strikes of April, May and June are over. In July…”

@shy-ted said in Fucking hackers, fucking car rental companies, fucking SNCF trains.:

From the SNCF website…“The strikes of April, May and June are over. In July…”

Yes! Welcome in France! :D :D

And how were the staff at Apple, and how much did they charge?

Nice to see it panned out though…

@bitingmidge said in Fucking hackers, fucking car rental companies, fucking SNCF trains.:

And how were the staff at Apple, and how much did they charge?

Staff at Apple were good, although the wait was for several hours. Didn’t charge. I’ve always found Apple staff good, both on the phone and in the store. Never been charged, except to replace an old battery in my Macbook.

@shy-ted said in Fucking hackers, fucking car rental companies, fucking SNCF trains.:

Staff at Apple were good, although the wait was for several hours. Didn’t charge. I’ve always found Apple staff good, both on the phone and in the store. Never been charged, except to replace an old battery in my Macbook.

Yeah well it was a bit of a Dorothy Dixer… tried to get my elderly friend’s phone fixed at an Android shop recently… let’s just say she now has an iPhone 6.

Your trip has been sensational for us…

Crème anglaise in the coffee, rail strikes, a whinge in the Apple store because your phone wasn’t charged, and a zillion Roma ring scams all at once! Perfect!

Now in London, watch out for the pickpocke… oh… :wink:

Yeah well it was a bit of a Dorothy Dixer… tried to get my elderly friend’s phone fixed at an Android shop recently… let’s just say she now has an iPhone 6.

Crème anglaise in the coffee, rail strikes, a whinge in the Apple store because your phone wasn’t charged, and a zillion Roma ring scams all at once! Perfect!

Now in London, watch out for the pickpocke… oh… :wink:

It’s been even better for me.:smile:
I still have another day in London, then to Shropshire to catch up with Andrew Crawford, from whom I get my hinges & locks, and whose book started me out on box making. Then to Hampshire to catch up with a friend from my Canada trip four years ago, then home.

Is there an echo in here?

… the barmaid there who served a couple of very nice beers & was most friendly when I returned from Apple.

Bugger the Apple service etc, just how friendly was the barmaid. :grinning:

@termite said in Fucking hackers, fucking car rental companies, fucking SNCF trains.:

Bugger the Apple service etc, just how friendly was the barmaid.

:heartpulse:

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.