Fan bearing shit itself.

Computer vwas making a hell of a racket and guessed it was a fan bearing, pulled the bastard open and the noise stopped and I found that I hve 5 fans.
Soon as it was back together it started again so took it to my repair bloke, was the power supply fan and he replaced thewhole unit with a Corsair power supply, chaper than replacing just the fan.
Until this I had no idea there were so many fans, PS, case x 2, CPU and graphics board, also removed a huge huntsman who was making himself quite comfortable in a new winter residence.

administrators

Fucking computers

@bunyip said in Fan bearing shit itself.:

Computer vwas making a hell of a racket and guessed it was a fan bearing

If it had been me I would have just quit watching youtube.

The way to test which on is noisy is to go around with a plastic biro top & poke it through the grill to stop the blades, doesn’t work if it is the CPU or Video card fan 'cos you can’t reach them from the outside.

@cliff-rogers said in Fan bearing shit itself.:

The way to test which on is noisy is to go around with a plastic biro top & poke it through the grill to stop the blades, doesn’t work if it is the CPU or Video card fan 'cos you can’t reach them from the outside.

Not even if you use something like a kitting needle? ::zap:

Sapling & fencing wire should do the trick I reckon. :wink:

@cliff-rogers said in Fan bearing shit itself.:

Sapling & fencing wire should do the trick I reckon. :wink:

Only if you first make sure you’re standing in a pool of possum piss, of course.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.